BT Broadband, Phone and TV cashback deal

Hi everyone,

We’ve had a number of users get in touch to advise they have not received the £30.00 cashback that was offered as part of this BT Fibre Broadband, Line Rental & TV deal, featured in our weekly email dated 11 February: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips/11-02-2015/.

There’s been some confusion over when the cashback will be received. To clarify, as per the original write-up, this should happen within 30 days of installation, not of the order date.

We‘ve been in touch with BT who have let us know that if you have any further queries surrounding this issue, please email them directly on affiliates@bt.com for further information.
MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager

Comments

• Dave_Z
    Dave_Z Posts: 199 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    29 days since my service was turned on and still no sign. Got the Sainsburys card very quickly though.
  • Hi everyone,

Just a quick update we've had from BT about this issue. If you are having difficulty claiming your cashback and are planning to get in touch with BT via the email provided, please include the following in any email;

Your email address you used to place the order

The original order reference

The New Order reference that broadband has installed against – begins VOL0

And your name and installation address.

Providing these details should help speed the whole process along!
    MSE Ryan

User Relations Manager
  • GTG
    GTG Posts: 458 Forumite
    edited 26 July 2015 at 12:30PM
    I signed up for this deal and got the cashback. However, I am disgusted at the proposed change in my contract. Allow me to explain. I have received an email notifying me that they are removing the UEFA Championship and UEFA Europa League matches from BT Sport. They go on to say that if I wish to keep them then I simply need to renew my broadband contract which will lock me in for another year and if I don't I will be charged £5 extra per month! Now I don't give a monkeys flunkey about UEFA matches but I do give a more than a monkeys flunkeys about companies changing the terms and conditions of fixed term contract. My reaction to that was to speak with BT, who informed me that I could change to Sports Lite to avoid the £5 per month charge but because I was changing my contract I would have to renew my broadband contract i.e. sign up for a year!

Disgusting, dirty, filthy tricks is the only way to describe this sort of behaviour. Quick reality check... do we now live in a bananna republic with MSE promoting or so called blagging deals from companies operating in this environment.

I used to have a friend with the initials BT, because of his disposition myself and other mutual friends gave him the nickname Big Trick, hmmm.
  • I don't see how they can do this, I'm still fuming. I've made a complaint and I got an email back basically saying they can do what they want.

Do you know if you're able to get out of the contract?
    If I can, I will because to me it was false advertising. I want what I agreed with BT when I took out the contract, not what they changed it to weeks after I took it out (otherwise I wouldn't have done so).

So if you change the contract to BT sport lite we have to renew the Broadband contract?
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Please read the BT Sport thread in TV section .

There are posts explain how to downgrade change etc .

Be aware that many ISPs are putting up prices in September so factor a price rise into any move you may make and read the terms and conditions first .
  • GTG
    I don't see how they can do this, I'm still fuming. I've made a complaint and I got an email back basically saying they can do what they want.

Do you know if you're able to get out of the contract?
    If I can, I will because to me it was false advertising. I want what I agreed with BT when I took out the contract, not what they changed it to weeks after I took it out (otherwise I wouldn't have done so).

So if you change the contract to BT sport lite we have to renew the Broadband contract?

With reference to your last paragraph Pipe, that is what I was told on live chat... when I complained all I got was well that's the situation.

Best get over to the thread JJ Egan is referring too.
  • GTG
    JJ_Egan wrote: »

Be aware that many ISPs are putting up prices in September so factor a price rise into any move you may make and read the terms and conditions first .

You got a link please?
  • GTG
    Pipe, the thread takes a bit of finding so I've posted it below mate

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5259344
  • GTG
    JJ_Egan wrote: »

JJ... that's huge thread, could you point to the relevant post please or tell us yourself? I don't want o have to read through then whole thread to get to the relevant post.

Thanks in advance
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport