Opinium Research (survey website)

Comments

• MollyDolly
    MollyDolly Posts: 872 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    elsien wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with them. It took a while once, but got there in the end.

Same here. Good luck Geerex.:)
  • geerex
    geerex Posts: 785 Forumite
    Thanks guys.

They've broken their own promises twice now, It's a further email then a LBA.

The only survey site that's ever been worse is Opinion Health, that was just horrible.
  • martyn4764
    martyn4764 Posts: 840 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've always found them to be pretty prompt, but I've also been waiting a while this time. I emailed and got this reply:

"We have recently had some problems in our finance department which have caused some recent payments to have been delayed. As I’m sure you can imagine there is a backlog of cheques, bank transfers and Amazon vouchers to be issued.

I really cannot stress how sorry we are for the delay and the inconvenience caused. However we should have rectified this by the end of the week. If you could kindly check to see if your payment has been received then, and if not, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will prioritise this payment."
  • geerex
    martyn4764 wrote: »
    I've always found them to be pretty prompt, but I've also been waiting a while this time. I emailed and got this reply:

"We have recently had some problems in our finance department which have caused some recent payments to have been delayed. As I’m sure you can imagine there is a backlog of cheques, bank transfers and Amazon vouchers to be issued.

I really cannot stress how sorry we are for the delay and the inconvenience caused. However we should have rectified this by the end of the week. If you could kindly check to see if your payment has been received then, and if not, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we will prioritise this payment."

I remember they sent me a similar message this time last year, blaming the Summer holidays. If only they could anticipate this and, you know, do something about it. Amateurs.
  • geerex
    And...again.

Cash out time has come. No "redemption survey " to be seen. Emailed after a few weeks to be told it's coming. Another few weeks and still nothing.
    It's getting boring now.
    You'd think with the amount of money they make selling their data to the media, they wouldn't bite the hand that feeds.
    Very annoying.
  • Max_Normal
    Max_Normal Posts: 20 Forumite
    Hi,
    just wondering if anyone else has had issues with the Opinium survey site? (Opinium.co.uk)
    Been with them a few years and never an issue but just before Christmas I reached my incentive milestone (£25.00) but didn't receive the email to claim it. I left it till the next one was reached then had to email them to claim the now £50.
    They eventually sent me an amazon voucher for £25.00.

I've now been chasing up the other £25.00 for over 2 months!
    At first, I received assurances it would be sent 'next week' or 'allow 15 working days'.
    Still nothing.
    They're not even responding to my emails now!
    Are they in financial difficulties, has anyone else experienced the same?
    Is there anywhere I can ask for help resolving it?
    I know it's only £25.00 but feel as i've done the surveys they should hold up their end of the deal!
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The only issue I had yesterday was being told my password was invalid. Repeatedly. So I requested the 'reminder' email but nothing arrived.

Today I'm able to log in just as usual.
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    You've done the surveys so you have every right to your £25 :)
    Have you tried contacting them via their facebook page using the Message button ?
    Or maybe Twitter ?
    Are you able to log into your account and grab a screenshot of your payment or balance to prove you asked for £50 etc ?
  • Max_Normal
    Max_Normal Posts: 20 Forumite
    Thanks Cally6008,
    That's the other thing, they've now deducted the £50.00 from my balance as though it's been paid out but I haven't!
    I'm sure they can check as it's always amazon vouchers i get. But they're not even replying to me now so I can't have a dialogue to sort it out with them.
    I'll try their Facebook page, maybe a bit more public attention may prompt a response!
  • cally6008
    cally6008 Posts: 7,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I've just been on the Opinium Research facebook page and there's quite a few unhappy people waiting for payment :( I've just reached the £25 threshold today so here's hoping I do get paid.

From what I read, O.R. are introducing a new system/software at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure