IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

So I Wrote to my MP

Options
I finally got round to emailing my MP the Right Hon Sir Oliver Letwin last weekend. TD's threadbot response brow beat me into submission :rotfl:

The gist of the letter was personal recent experiences (2 PCNs). Appreciating landowners need to protect against unauthorised parking. Complete lack of regulation, predatory, bullying and intimidating practices. Amount of time spent researching and composing appeals. Questioning if the parking industry is an appropriate use of DVLA and County Court's time.

I wound up by urging him to support Greg Knight's bill as it proceeds through Parliament.

This was his reply
[FONT=&quot]Dear Freester [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your email about Greg Knight!!!8217;s Bill.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I haven!!!8217;t yet seen the draft of his Bill, and I will obviously need to do that before I decide whether it is likely to prove an effective and proportionate method of regulating private parking. But I shall look into it when I get back to the House of Commons on Monday.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for bringing it to my attention [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]With best wishes [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Oliver Letwin [/FONT]
Then by miraculous coincidence a new PCN drops through my FiL's door. I understand his car was parked in a private residence car park with the full and express permission of the parking space's owner (whom was being visited by the occupants of my FiL's car). I understand the permit on display may have been a day or two out of date. He asked if I could assist which I am doing.

Company is PPS (Newton Abbott address) and therefore IPC so a little harder to fend off without POPLA. Anyway stern 'appeal' sent (based on standard FAQ response) saying drop this ticket or send a Letter Before Claim and we'll see you at Small Claims. Don't bother sending any Debt Collector dross - we look forward to discussing the finer details of POFA 2012 and clear signage compared to Beavis case in front of a judge!

And in the meantime all the PPS roboresponses can be forwarded to my Right Hon MP.

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,685 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyway stern 'appeal' sent (based on standard FAQ response) saying drop this ticket or send a Letter Before Claim and we'll see you at Small Claims. Don't bother sending any Debt Collector dross - we look forward to discussing the finer details of POFA 2012 and clear signage compared to Beavis case in front of a judge!

And in the meantime all the PPS robo-responses can be forwarded to my Right Hon MP.
    Love it! :D

:T
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    freester

You appear to be a lot more intelligent than the PPC
    and probably the legals they use

I agree, forwarding junk mail to your MP is a good idea
  • fisherjim
    fisherjim Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 8 May 2018 at 7:26PM
    Options
    freester wrote: »

we look forward to discussing the finer details of POFA 2012 and clear signage compared to Beavis case in front of a judge!

Not much chance of that:

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/Premier_Parking_Solutions.html
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    fisherjim wrote: »

I see they jumped ship to the IPC.

Only scammers go to the IPC so can they scam further

That's PPS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors