Are 'Anglian WIndows' really that bad?

2»

Comments

• I had Anglians Safe & Sound windows fitted on every window in my house as we live by a busy road. They have made hardly any difference. I am gutted. I feel so ripped off and paid thousands for them - solely on the basis they would reduce road noise. When I complained, they blamed the fact I have trickle vents (which have to be fitted legally!). Their sales pitch is spot on, but in my opinion the safe and sounds windows are not fit for purpose. I would avoid and would never use Anglian again. Go for local companies with local reviews - ask them if you can contact a customer for feedback.
  • Furts
    Furts Posts: 4,474 Forumite
    AT1000 wrote: »
    I had Anglians Safe & Sound windows fitted on every window in my house as we live by a busy road. They have made hardly any difference. I am gutted. I feel so ripped off and paid thousands for them - solely on the basis they would reduce road noise. When I complained, they blamed the fact I have trickle vents (which have to be fitted legally!). Their sales pitch is spot on, but in my opinion the safe and sounds windows are not fit for purpose. I would avoid and would never use Anglian again. Go for local companies with local reviews - ask them if you can contact a customer for feedback.

It depends what you had before, then it depends on what you specified from Anglian, then it depends on what standard of quality was adopted for fitting. My intuition is your windows will be poorly measured and even poorer for fitting. This will be where your problems are.

It would be childs play to remove your inner trickle vents and block up the holes to prevent the passage of sound. You would have to weigh this up against the need for ventilation.
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    I know some fitters from there and they are good fitters . they stuggle to get their heads around some things they do in their surveys and reasons for doing things . Its shouldn't be all about price . quality isn't expensive its priceless . shop around and get a feel to what the people who call to price and ask questions
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
  • SuzieSue
    SuzieSue Posts: 4,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    I've found installers using this site in the past with success:

http://www.certifiedinstallernetwork.org

They have all been small, independent companies who are not pushy.
  • I ordered a door from this company in September - it is now May and I still have not got a front door. My order has been changed 5 times, as what I wanted would not fit in the door size I have available. They arrived to fit a door that I did not order , for a start it has no glass and I wanted glass in a door!! I was offered a refund of my original deposit of £600 as the man I spoke to admitted that it was not what I ordered. However, I am now being told I can not have my money back as it is a customers duty of care to check they are ordering what they want! When the picture and paperwork clearly show glass in the door, you assume that is what you are getting surely! Very rude staff, who turn things to make you out as a liar and incompetent and do not do what they say. Take my advice and do not go anywhere near them for you own sake.
  • Wouldnt touch Anglian..!!! Had 13 windows 2 sets of patio doors and a new front door fitted. 4 windows have had to be replaced, 2 re-fitted & the front door realigned twice, we ate still experiencing issues, front door is now pulling away the brickwork & rendering (previous door had been solid since 1934!, water coming in through a set of patio doors, a 'Bowed' window frame and a set of patio doors which are not straight/level,, been going on for eighteen months, so I am afraid I am not a good advocate for Anglian, and would strongly deter anyone from using them  I understand it may just be extremely poor fitting, however their customer service is shocking, and their priority is only to collect money, not satisfy the customer.
    No No No to Anglian...
  • I think it depends on where you live. North Scotland- avoid this company. 
    They installed a front door. It leaks, my hall is a swimming pool! They are not interested! Now waiting in all day again  to see if they bother turning up! 
  • FreeBear
    FreeBear Posts: 14,625 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Clairegail said: I think it depends on where you live. North Scotland- avoid this company. 
    They installed a front door. It leaks,
    They did a door in a 1920s semi not far from where I live. They were back a few days later to repoint (badly) the brickwork above. I'm guessing they didn't bother checking for a lintel on the outer leaf, and now the wall is starting to collapse.
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure