Unfair Dismissal

Options
2»

Comments

• Cromwell77
    Options
    I have worked in IT for 25 years and the first thing you need to accept that working in It s a stressful choice of career anannd if you don!!!8217;t want to or can!!!8217;t work in a stressful environment then you need to look at another career path.

Since I started in IT I don!!!8217;t think I have ever worked less that 40 hours and rarely been paid overtime again the nature of the job.

However I am assuming you have two accounts one with elevated rights and one without and that you handed over the password for the elevated acccouunt but not the other. As long as you are allowed to use or at least not forbidden for using your personal account for personal email I don!!!8217;t think you should have to hand over your password. Under article 8 they need to protect your identity and that anyone who emails you or you email.

However as you have health problems from the stress involved in the sector and seem to think 40 hours in a week a big deal IT is not right for you so you are probably better off looking for another career or if you are any good contracting where you can decide your own hours and stress levels
  • jonnygee2
    jonnygee2 Posts: 2,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    "Another thing to mention is in the gross misconduct letter sent to myself they repeatedly asked for documentation and other terms which were not mentioned in person however were repeatedly mentioned in written form; even when I advised that all documentation had been handed over."

It sounds like what they wanted was access to something they believed was being stored locally and which you had not provided, and which they did not know how to access (even if they could).

However I think your account is very muddled and it's difficult to see what happened. If I were you I'd write up a timeline of events, as accurately as you can remember them (trying as hard as possible to put aside personal emotion and keep it objective, and including actions from you that could count against you) and collect any supporting evidence you can for each event. Then take this to an employment lawyer to see if you have a case.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure