Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• xanderuk2
    Options
    Smooth sailing with Nationwide for us

Our broker got us a DIP on December 14th, but decided to hand fire on the full app as completion on our new build isn't due until July 27th (delayed due to bad weather)

March 6th:
    All requested documents supplied and full application submitted by broker

March 6th:
    Valuation booked by Nationwide. Surveyor due on site March 8th.
    I thought this was strange but it seems even during a new build that isn't done yet the mortgage company will still send out a surveyor to review progress and ensure the development is on track to complete on time

March 8th:
    Text from Nationwide - Surveyor report is in - they will review within 48 hours and get in touch if they need anything else.

March 9th:
    Call to my mobile from underwriters.
    Very nice lady just went over a standing order I have on my bank statement. This was our monthly rent, which wasn't very clear.
    No further issues and she apologised for not realising this is what the standing order was for.

March 9th:
    Text message to say offer issued. This was for the full amount requested a s our broker also sent us a copy.

:T
  • steph2901
    steph2901 Posts: 345 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Precise have asked a couple of questions about items on our bank statements. They want to know why my husband got paid more in December (it was £500 annual bonus) and asked about maintenance payments I receive from my ex. I didn't mention them when I applied as they will be stopping in August.

Also been told the valuation has been instructed. I hope that's a good sign!
  • happytails
    happytails Posts: 1,554 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Our Valuation was done on Friday - today we have an email from our Mortgage advisor saying the underwriters at Virgin are requesting proof of address - sent her our water bill. She says she expects to hear back from the valuation tomorrow but im not sure if we will get our offer tomorrow or not.

Hopefully this is a good sign and fingers crossed we get an offer - it is so stressful!

Happytails x
    DFW Total £21,800 to clear by Dec 2022
    MFW Total £184,950 £179,066 to clear by 2035
  • tori.k
    tori.k Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Options
    we finally get to join you guys :)
    Timeline
    5/3 house viewed
    7/3 offer excepted
    10/3 DIP reproduced
    12/3 mortgage application with platform (co-op) via broker

This should be a fairly easy process as we were set up with another property that fell through so hopefully looking to complete in 5/6 weeks time.
  • Village_Idiot
    Options
    Booo, looking like bad news for us :(

Looking at a joint application with my wife, she's full time salaried and I'm self employed - only due to get my first year of accounts next month, so we had been patient and hadn't started the property search yet (but had started talking to brokers). One such broker got in touch saying he could help us early, and got us a DIP really quickly a few weeks ago. (main reason for being able to help early, the company has been trading for 10 years+, I just bought into it this year as a Director)

We had gone to view a load of properties, put an offer in on one which was accepted. Lender (via broker) took the survey fee, requested a load of paper work (payslips, letter from accountant, unaudited results for the company for this year, etc etc) which was all promptly sent. Got a message this morning that the underwriters have binned it all off, no details yet - but sounding like it's the lack of company accounts whilst I've been a Director.

So frustrating, as we're only a month away from being able to do this with the appropriate accounts - but I allowed our hopes to be built which allowed us to choose a property, which we're now likely to lose. Grrr!

GL to all those who are still pending decisions.
  • Roo89
    Roo89 Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Got the offer this morning!!!

Got our DIP with Nationwide 30/01/18
    First Viewing 10/02/18
    Second Viewing and Offer Made 12/02/18
    Offer Accepted on house 12/02/18
    Mortgage Application Submitted 22/02/18
    Valuation and Survey completed 27/02/18
    Solicitor instructed 27/02/18
    NW required more documents (sent back same day) 02/03/18
    Survey report received 12/03/18
    Solicitor started Searches 13/03/18
    NW hard offer received for full amount 14/03/18
    :beer:

We had some issues with Nationwide, I think we got unlucky with the person reviewing our application, because we had to notify them 4 times about a standing order payment before they updated their system.
  • Slick88
    Slick88 Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    So having been lurking for awhile I'm ready to join the thread!

03/02 - AIP with Natwest
    12/2 - Appointment with independant MA to look at available options
    14/2 - First and Second viewing of a property new to the market that day!
    14/2 - First offer rejected (it was a very cheeky offer :D
    15/2 - Second offer rejected
    17/2 - Third and final offer accepted
    22/2 - Began to instruct Solicitors
    23/2 - AIP with MA for TSB accepted and full application submitted
    26/2 - Full application received by TSB - Credit check appears on file - Survey money taken
    26/2 - MA puts survey on hold until Application process has moved forward.
    5/3 - More documents requested and alteration to Gift declaration (make sure if your getting a gift and a joint applicant both your names are on the gift statement!)
    5/3 - Documents returned same day - MA passess info across and tells us survey should be instructed week of 12/3
    13/3 - emailed MA yesterday for an update yesterday and patiently waiting for a reply.

I am ridiculously nervous about the process and im terriffied that something is going to go wrong! The house is exactly what we wanted and thanks to the generoisty of the OH's parents we now have a 10% deposit instead of a 5%...

It's probably not made any better by the oter half being so chilled out about it! :mad::mad::mad:
  • Slick88
    Options
    Update

14/3 - MA just called to advise that he is letting the survey go ahead and that TSB are now reviewing the documents we submitted last week.

He's fairly confident that once the survey has gone ahead we should get our mortgage offer :j

*fingers crossed*
  • stripedbanana
    Options
    It's probably not made any better by the oter half being so chilled out about it!

Mine too. I am obsessing over it and OH is horizontal. I need somebody to stress with, it's why I'm here :rotfl:

Our application tracker hasn't changed at all since last Wednesday at "valuation report received, we will contact you when it has been fully assessed". :wall:
  • Slick88
    Options
    Ah that sucks!

I'm almost glad I don't have a mortgage tracker app... I think I'd go mad and just sit in the corner of a room in the dark refreshing it until something happens. :undecided:undecided

I'm losing so much sleep staying up at night reading horror stories on the forums, I think my students think I'm ill!:eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback