Travelling On

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Thank you lovely peeps :):):)

There was a *lot* of comfort food consumed yesterday :) so it was fine. It wasn't till about 3pm I started doing anything - cleared a bit of ivy (very quickly!) spent an hour scanning documents (whoop de doo !) and in the evening, beginning to sort the material/patchwork stash. Quite a few cats, lots of Christmas, and a fair bit of 60s psychedelia :)

Today ... looks sunny, and the snow that fell yesterday is melting. So I may walk round the block this afternoon, for some fresh air. Otherwise, its a repeat of yesterday. Plus pottering about on here :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Eek! Well at least you have a good plumber. Hope you are nice and toasty and warm now. :)
  • Pottering is just lovely.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,816
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    Pottering is always good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It certainly is :)

Pottered to free videos of how-to at craftsy (but left it hanging, well, thats pottering for you), accidentally completed a survey at SB that meant I could order another £10 Amazon voucher, realised I need to buy Yaktrax with all these Amazon vouchers that are accumulating, did 20 mins cutting back the ivy thats been exposed by my brother taking down the rotten fence slats at the front of the house ... and when things online take toooooooooo long, I sort some more of the patchworking stash :)

One last tootle around here, then off for a walk - maybe not round the block, actually, thats a very hilly route. I'll figure out a way to stay more on the flat.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Goldiegirl
    Goldiegirl Posts: 8,805
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    Forumite
    Glad you got the boiler sorted out. I've heard of a few people who've had the same problem.

I haven't been out of the house since Wednesday when there was a sunny break in the weather. We are on quite high ground here so the snow isn't disappearing as quick as I'd like, but I'm hoping to get out tomorrow for a while as I'm going a bit stir crazy now !
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough
  • Suffolk_lass
    Suffolk_lass Posts: 9,306
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Have you seen the "walk like a penguin" advice in icy weather?

Hands vaguely out to the sides, loose knees, toes turned slightly out with weight balanced over your knees.

Apparently the best position to recover from. Sounds like my regular skiing position, with weight on alternating skis so they didn't separate. Works for me.
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 16.02% spent or £480.73/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,515
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Ick - it's pouring where we are KC! - just ventured out to get rid of the recycling & a bag of rubbish and now wish I'd just stayed warm and dry inside!

Snow is starting to melt which means back to work by Monday - it was fun while it lasted!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 5 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 4 March 2018 at 8:24AM
    Good to hear everyone has managed to stay safe and busy whilst imprisoned by the snow:beer:. I'm going a bit stir-crazy like you now though, Goldiegirl:(

The lane out of our hamlet has been pretty much impassable for about 3 days through snow drifting off the miles of totally open fields:eek:. Getting back to normal now as the postman came yesterday for the first time since Tuesday. His van must have been overloaded with everyone's stockpiled mail, he brought us 15 items:eek:.

The thaw has started:j. It's raining slightly now, and at last my car is looking less like an igloo. I was amazed to see they are holding a half-marathon or something similar in London today. For once, the politicians can't say everything is London-centric, even though it was just snow this time:rotfl:

I expect the TV news bulletins will be full of news of flooding next:eek:
  • I am expecting a lot of flooding around here CBC, you can see the water building up everywhere. Our tack room has flooded already up the field and I fell over in a big puddle walking the dog yesterday :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback