How much is a pint in your local?

Comments

• £5 and over - No way, you have to be joking - let us know where you live!
    £5.50 for a pint of Moretti & even £6.40 for a nice pale ale.

Central London living
    Save £12k in 2020 = £4,074.62/£15,000 (27.2%) #89
    Save £12k in 2019 = £13,580.52/£15,000 (90.5%) #92
    Save £12k in 2018 = £17,189.12/£15,000 (115%) #36
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    £3 to £4
    As the price goes up the less I drink in a pub. Used to be 6 to 7 pints, now it 3-4.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • £3 to £4
    Pubs local to me fit the £3-4 range at the moment - but only just, and it's cask bitter, guiness and lagers are more expensive. I do know one fairly local pub that is somewhat cheaper, but it's a free house rather than a tied (Enterprise Inns etc) or managed (Shepard Neame etc) pub. About 6 months ago I was in a Sheps pub near Goudhurst where the sptfire bitter was £4 compared (at the time) to £3.60 nearer home - but even nearer home now is £3.80-90. The odd one out are Marstons Inns, where the bitter is not much over £3/pint (and the food is good value too).
  • 3s 6d

Pint of Worthington Pale ale
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • zaax wrote: »
    As the price goes up the less I drink in a pub. Used to be 6 to 7 pints, now it 3-4.

is that in a month?
    Now we all know how it felt to play in the band on the Titanic...
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Think them prices are high..just check out the prices in the Albert on Eastenders.

Amazing that they can afford to drink in there...:beer:

Yeah but they'v all got good incomes; nobody makes a breakfast at home- they're always down the caff. Or taking their laundry down the laundrette or shopping at stalls instead of shops.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • Rexxel
    Rexxel Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    £1 to £2
    Wetherspoons is one of my locals and i pay £1.99 a pint there. Other pubs in town tend to be between £2.60-£3.20
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    When I started drinking (in 1980) - a pnt of scrumpy used to cost me 7p in the NAAFI !!
  • boliston
    boliston Posts: 3,012 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    pepper77 wrote: »

I drink in a pub most nights I wouldnt dream of drinking at home.....

That must cost a fortune! My budget is normally a single bottle of real ale per night max which costs 1.50-1.80

If I had a local micropub I would probably visit occasionally but it would be for the quality of the beer and certainly NOT for darts, pool, live tv or quizzes!
  • Mummyel
    Mummyel Posts: 14 Forumite
    About four bloody quid! if my husband and I want to go out we need a second mortgage :rotfl: Not only that, the last time we went out my glass of rose cost £7!!! AND I knocked it over :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure