My 5 year plan

Comments

• Hi fatrab,

Well done on the weightloss so far and on the tax rebate, to get rid of the MBNA card 6 months early, would be grand.

Pmo2
    x
  • fatrab
    fatrab Posts: 1,231 Forumite
    Hi fatrab,

Well done on the weightloss so far and on the tax rebate, to get rid of the MBNA card 6 months early, would be grand.

Pmo2
    x
    Thanks!

It's an annual thing with the tax rebate due to business expenses and mileage so not really a bonus as such.

I'll be paying the MBNA off in Feb then my bank loan in June hopefully. Sorry if I hadn't explained that very well :)

MBNA has just reached the end of it's 0% period. I've transferred £4050 to Tesco with 36 months 0% and set the monthly payment at £100 so it'll be almost clear by the end of the term.

Weight loss going to be as big a challenge for me as the finances are!
    You can have results or excuses, but not both.
    Challenge - be 14 Stone BY XMAS!

• fatrab
    Made another little tweak to the plan today just incase my snowball melts at any point. Upped the minimum payment on Tesco CCard to £110 so that it will be completely cleared by the end of the term. It's only an extra £10/month but every little helps ;) (did you see what I did there?? lol)

Did a snowball calc and should have all unsecured and HP debt clear by end of 2019 without stretching myself too much, which is way ahead of the scheduled plan so I'm very happy with that.

Didn't include the tax rebate in there or any contributions from Mrs fatrab either so should comfortably be able to do this!

Coasting along again today, another NSD, struggling a wee bit with the diet but only because the meal plans were slightly high in carbs.

• Love the plan and you sound very up beat today too.

You'll soon have this debt gone :D
  • Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    That's great , the end of 2019 will be here before you know it , I noticed your signature says December 2022 so you're well ahead of schedule :D
  • fatrab
    Dec 22 is for the mortgage to be paid too. I think I might be a little optimistic with that, but I'm going to try my best!

Focusing on the plan is keeping me going for now until I start to see some reductions. If I get the plan completely straight in my own head with clear goals and objectives I know I'll do it!

Feeling extremely positive this year, the time has come to make changes and sacrifices for future benefits!

• fatrab
    Well the weigh in has been done and I've got mixed feelings about the result.

17st exactly - I've lost another 2lbs which is ok but I really hoped to be into the 16's.

Although I have had several NSD's, I am still snacking (but they've been bought as part of the weekly shopping) and I'm eating the wrong things for meals. Need to go for more meat, veg and salad and have less processed foods/carbs.

I need to be more disciplined.

• Hi fatrab,
    2llbs is still 2lbs and is 100llbs over the course of a year!

I got diagnosed as pre-diabetci before Christmas and investigated way of managing this properly - I am a big snacker and love carbs!! Diabetes UK recommend a daily fasting diet whereby you eat during an 8 hour window and fast for 16 - 16:8 - I have been doing it for about a month and it has reduced my blood sugars AND i have lost a bit of weight and apart from every now and again I haven't felt hungry or like I am missing out on anything.

I eat my first meal as late as possible and then eat when I am hungry during the next 8 hours. I don't calorie count and have pretty much eaten what I did previously - although I have upped my protein intake I have noticed - I sleep a good chunk of the 16 hours fasting anyway!!

It can be adapted to suit social needs and if I fall off the wagon like when i was ill last week I just start again the next day!

You have to find what suits you - bit like moneysaving!! and work your plan.

Good luck
  • fatrab
    Hi Working Mum,

I am aware of the 16:8 intermittent fasting plan, there's a chap on Utube that I have watched a lot of his videos (Eric Berg) and it certainly seems like a good plan for insulin control.

I followed another plan for a while called the Primal Blueprint, which had excellent results but I found it really difficult to stick to it and ended up back where I am today.

I'm aiming for 1 pound per week and I'm in a completely different mind-set this year, but breaking that 17st barrier would have been a bonus! Just need to keep at it and stay focused.

I think I'll give the 16:8 plan a try, what harm can it do!!??!!

• Storm89
    Storm89 Posts: 592 Forumite
    2lb is brilliant - we have weigh in day on Monday here and husband is hoping to be in the 16's too but there was a meeting last night that involved lots of food so not sure he's going to do it either. Good luck with the meal planning and fasting , I'd never heard of that to be honest.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure