HSBC Resolver PPI Claim

Is it normal procedure to send complaint through Resolver then receive In post exactly same form from HSBC? Asking for all the information again,Is it advisable to fill this form in or will it just be done through Resolver. Or is this possible HSBC way of not replying through Resolver.. CONFUSED.

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,281 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Is it normal procedure to send complaint through Resolver then receive In post exactly same form from HSBC?

No. Although there have been other posters that have said that the receiving firm hasnt always received the full information in a format that they can read or the information is incomplete. If you filled it in thoroughly before then reply to them that you have already supplied the information.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • They did the same to me, it's delaying tactics. The resolver form is basically a FOS template, and HSBC know what they're doing. Keep on their backs via Telephone and emails
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    it's delaying tactics

Since there is no High Court case pending on PPI, why would any bank now employ "delaying tactics"?

They just want complaints on their own documentation.

Another reason to complain directly rather than through "Resolver".
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,775 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    They did the same to me, it's delaying tactics. The resolver form is basically a FOS template, and HSBC know what they're doing. Keep on their backs via Telephone and emails

What reason would they have for delaying responding? If they agree it was miss sold they pay more interest. If they reject it gets off their workload quicker.
  • purplegrape
    purplegrape Posts: 207 Forumite
    Bit late to the party, but this happened to me too. I just filled it in and sent it back since it came with a pre-paid envelope.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Bit late to the party, but this happened to me too. I just filled it in and sent it back since it came with a pre-paid envelope.
    Just forget "Resolver" and complain direct to the lender. Why involve a third party?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure