IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Where next for me?

Options
I have received a second communication from Parking Eye labelled as a "Parking Charge Reminder".
The event was 14/09/2013 with the first letter being dated 19/09/2013, although it wasn't received until a while after that. This reminder is dated 28/09/2013 but wasn't received until 09/10/2013.
The arrival and departure pictures show my car but the location cannot be identified from the photo however it is specified in the text.
Help please on by my best course of action from hereon.

Comments

• android26
    Options
    Have you searched the name of the parking company and notice to keeper?
    That would give you a head start.
    Look for threads from the past month or so. There must be loads.
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    You are almost out of time to appeal, so appeal quickly on the grounds that their charge is not a genuine pre-estimate of loss.

They will turn you down. Then take the same appeal to POPLA and win.

You could also ignore....but ParkingEye file a lot of court cases so you are playing a lottery if you ignore while it is a slam dunk win at POPLA.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    You don't say if this is England or Wales , can you provide that info? If it is appeal quickly on any mitigating circumstances like didn't see the signs, no contract was formed, no loss to them, and so on. Do it quickly though and by email and snail mail with proof of postage through the post office.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Actually appeal immediately to Parking Eye telling them that their signs are non-compliant with the BPA guidelines and that their charge is not a Genuine Pre-estimate of loss but a penalty.

Tell them to cancel the charge or send a POPLA code.

Then come back on this thread when you have the POPLA code. If you miss the deadline for POPLA, you will get court papers almost certainly, so don't waste any more time.
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    The OP hasn't said if this is England or Wales yet
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
  • Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stroma wrote: »
    The OP hasn't said if this is England or Wales yet

Yes, I keep forgetting to mention this point. :beer:
  • AllanI
    AllanI Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry it's England.
    Thanks
  • Stroma
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    Then follow the advice given as there is keeper liability in England and pofa 2012
  • AllanI
    AllanI Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the replies I've appealed by email saying if they wish to pursue further to send a POPLA code. I will follow it up with a written copy.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,670 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    AllanI wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies I've appealed by email saying if they wish to pursue further to send a POPLA code. I will follow it up with a written copy.

Hope you have actually included an appeal point within that email or they will say 'it wasn't an appeal'. Appeal point would be something like 'the driver didn't see any clear signs and your charge doesn't represent any loss.'

If it was a retail park where you spent money then attach a pic of the receipts.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure