PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING: Money Saving Expert / CAB pilot service

Comments

• BobQ
    BobQ Posts: 11,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Seems a good idea but I think you are causing unnecessary confusion in not making it clear whether non-CAB advisors can and should respond.

This question has been asked several times above and I cannot see a clear answer.

With respect its not a good way to communicate your intentions.
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
  • ani_26
    ani_26 Posts: 3,700 Forumite
    BobQ wrote: »
    Seems a good idea but I think you are causing unnecessary confusion in not making it clear whether non-CAB advisors can and should respond.

This question has been asked several times above and I cannot see a clear answer.

With respect its not a good way to communicate your intentions.

Exactly. Isn't this the forum for the definitive CAB response? It doesn't appear to me as if queries are responded to, by the CAB representatives.

Please don't say they are busy, because we all know how busy they are. Hasn't the big cheese donated 1 million to the cab? Perhaps a tad more dedication to this forum?

It just seems to be a token addition, right now.

Off soapbox.
    Debt free - Is it a state of mind? a state of the Universe? or a state of the bank account?
    free from life wannabe

Official Petrol Dieter
  • use it as a form of training of would be Welfare Rights* and Consumer Rights Advisors? first port of call but label Posters as 'Trainee CAB Advisors'.
    Multi-Agency Training ie Rightsnet Benefits and Work which I know provides Professional Training for Welfare rights Advisors... Just a thought..
    #TY[/B] Would be Qaulity MSE Challenge Queen.
    Reading whatever books I want to the rescue!:money::beer[/B
    WannabeBarrister, WannabeWife, Wannabe Campaign Girl Wannabe MSE Girl #wannnabeALLmyFamilygirl
    #notbackyetIamfightingfortherighttobeMSEandFREE
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    My 2p.
    I am afraid this board just seems to be a mish-mash of random posts that really belong elsewhere with the majority of responses coming from regular members. Although a good idea I honestly cannot see the point of it in its present form.
  • cit_k
    cit_k Posts: 24,812 Forumite
    Any reason why your specifically excluding what must be a rather common query area - that of benefits for those not seeking work? (i.e why exclude the sick and disabled completely?)
    [greenhighlight]but it matters when the most senior politician in the land is happy to use language and examples that are simply not true.
    [/greenhighlight][redtitle]
    The impact of this is to stigmatise people on benefits,
    and we should be deeply worried about that
    [/redtitle](house of lords debate, talking about Cameron)
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,816 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    The horrid squashed layout and font colours don't work. Really unpleasant feeling when reading for some reason.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,295 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have to agree with earlier posts that say this section is a random selection of posts that are often not really applicable to the CAB and are easily answered by normal members. Many of the experienced contributors with the knowledge required wont see the posts in here and you could find threads being neglected because they are not getting answered by CAB and not getting answered by regular contributors.

Maybe there should be an option on the board for posts to be "reported" for transfer to the CAB section if its felt the issue is more within the CAB remit and better suited there. You would reduce the threads significantly and remove the unnecessary and leave those needing help to be properly resourced. The CAB does not need to get involved in things like "how should i invest the money" etc.

In theory, half the posts on this site could end up in the CAB section unless some sort of posting guidelines are introduced.

FYI, I hate the squashed look. Like many people, I have a widescreen monitor and how more wasted space on screen than utilised in this section.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Lady_K
    Lady_K Posts: 4,429 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I don't like the squashed look and feel or the colour scheme either which is why I asked earlier in the thread if it was going to extend to other parts of the website. It does not feel easy on the eyes, especially the bits of bright yellow. The font feels a little faded and tiring to read too, even the blue bits feel a bit washed out. I didnt mention it earlier as I have an eye condiion but if other people are feeling it too it can't be good
    Thanx

Lady_K
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I think the main problem is that people are not reading the ''Please Read Before Posting thread 1.
    The CAB reps are only answering questions on selected topics.

Perhaps the other threads could be moved to the appropriate forums.
  • sadly i see this as having the same problems that the "disability and dosh"board has,from the start it just diluted the advice that was always given on the benefits board,i really dont see the advantage of this seperate board as has already been pointed out most people want almost instant answers,and even when provided alot of "new"one off posters dont hang around long
    nice try but cant see what it adds to mse
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport