Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Options

Comments

• altojack
    altojack Posts: 9,734 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Nearly forgot to mention.....

Northumbrian Water......and I'm sure other water companies are offering the same....are giving up to 50% discount on water bills for low income families:T:T

https://www.nwl.co.uk/your-home/your-account/SupportPLUS.aspx

Please get the word out if you know families who are struggling.

I did an application last week for a family and it's so easy even DM could do it:D

Thank s TM I’ll save that info and pass it on to my ladies. Presumably application is made through water Co. I’ll check that out, thanks. xx
    Having just spent the last year living off fresh air, the elite have keep me and my other half well fed and out of debt which I am truly thankfnul for, wombles are great if you can find them, whoopsies are better, fresh fruit/veg/meat at reduced price, each store is different so it takes a bit of time and planning plus you become an inventive cook, try and build up a store cupboard of items that do not go out of date quick like dried pasta/noodles, herbs and spices, freeze leftovers for another day, try to cook food that you can make two or three meals out of, oh and try to only cook every other day this will keep the gas and electric bills down, my gas and electric sky rocketed with me being at home all day, this may sound bad but go and visit friends and relatives or join a club anything that will get you out of the house plus the bonus of free tea or coffee and sometimes cake and biscuits this did not work for me as most of my friends worked during the day :rotfl::rotfl:
    Check what you are entitled to are you on Income based JSA or contributions based JSA I did not know there was two different JSA I went to my dentist told them I was on JSA They said fill this form out and you get free dental How stupid was I, a few months later I got a bill and a fine from the NHS I was on contributions JSA and you do not get free anything You have to fill in a HC1 form to get free perscriptions and dental work , You can pick one of these forms up from your job centre when you sign on, do this before you need anything because you can not back date it
    Depending on your circumstances you only get JSA for 6 months after that nothing

Good luck if you need any help or advice just pm me,

Sorry you’ve been having a rough time, I wish you nothing but the best, continuing survival and happy times ahead.

Thank you for posting the info about the dental issue. I know there are two different types of JSA but did not realise that one gives you free NHS the other zilch, zero, nought. Something else I must bring myself back uptodate with and pass info on. Thank you xx
    There's no place like home :)

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

Hugs and healing thoughts are always going your way.
  • altojack
    Options
    Good afternoon Elite :hello:

Is it time to get up yet? omg, I’ve got a bad headache :o. Too much bbq and one too many glasses of fizz I fear :o. Or it could be the red wine, one glass left I hated seeing going to waste.

Let the younger ones partying into the early hours and came home just before 10pm. Not sure I can face lunch, I know it’s cooking, I can smell it .

Enjoy today or what left of it if you’re going out.

Hugs to the poorly Elite and those low in body and mind. You’re in my thoughts as always xx

Feeling down? Weak in body? Makes no difference to me, I think of you all when I'm sitting quietly.

• altojack
    Options
    10 pages to catch-up on. Here goes :rotfl:

• pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Nearly forgot to mention.....

Northumbrian Water......and I'm sure other water companies are offering the same....are giving up to 50% discount on water bills for low income families:T:T

https://www.nwl.co.uk/your-home/your-account/SupportPLUS.aspx

Please get the word out if you know families who are struggling.

I did an application last week for a family and it's so easy even DM could do it:D

Thanks so much TM, will circulate in the housing support group I volunteer with!
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Woohoo, I have finally managed to get my tomato seeds in. I didnt have any yellow tom seeds in the house though, and they are a fav of a friend. Never mind, they will have to do without :)
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning
    all is the Sainsburys icecream working please?
    Thank you

It was working in our Sainsburys this morning , well one didn't t so I took it back and got my money back :o. They only had the chocolate and the vanilla one though. I got 5 for Dawn and the kids.
  • Lesley1121
    Options
    How do you do the ice cream in Sainsbury!!!8217;s
  • emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lesley1121 wrote: »
    How do you do the ice cream in Sainsbury!!!8217;s

Well you have to buy one first , well I had to then hopefully a coupon pops out for the full price off another one , then rinse and repeat :)
  • pandoraskids
    Options
    You need to learn to chat more girl :rotfl::rotfl:

I must be chattier than I realised - it's only 8 years not 10 :D:rotfl::rotfl:
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • altojack
    Options
    Snap-ant wrote: »
    :o:o

Terrible tummy ache & reflux early this morning :o

Drank a fizzy pop to be able to burp the reflux out :o

Then cottoned onto why I was prescribed some other tablets with the Naproxen - Omeprazole, which I ignored :o:o:o So it all makes sense now :o:o
    feeling a lot better already after taking the first one :o:o

as I say on every post - if all else fails - read the instructions :o

I have those Omeprazole Snap, they help me no end. Apart from while I was taking the last 3 weeks of antibiotics, I was told to stop them. Urghhhhh. Upset stomachs, reflux on top of blurred vision from antibiotics, which I’ve never had before. Hope you feel better soon xx

DM. Thank you for all the work you put in to do the National this year. Thanks also to Chrisv, you made a good team, gave us some laughs along the way to raising money for charity xx

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure