Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• I have set a just giving page up as I'm doing a charity thing later on in the year I haven't posted about it yet but if my horse wins please could the donations go towards it. It's for cancer research the same as Sarah's x
  • Tinyshoes wrote: »
    I always thought the race was at 3pm? Seems I'm early that's a first. :rotfl:

I thought it was 3.50pm? Just got this from the Liverpool Echo - daren't post the link :rotfl::rotfl:

What time is the Grand National Race?
    The time of the race itself has moved over the years. Many were used to it being at about 3.15pm, but in order to give more time between some of the other races the main event has moved to 5.15pm
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    I thought it was 3.50pm? Just got this from the Liverpool Echo - daren't post the link :rotfl::rotfl:

The time of the race itself has moved over the years. Many were used to it being at about 3.15pm, but in order to give more time between some of the other races the main event has moved to 5.15pm

I thought it was 4-20pm glad DM didn't ask us ladies :D
  • I have set a just giving page up as I'm doing a charity thing later on in the year I haven't posted about it yet but if my horse wins please could the donations go towards it. It's for cancer research the same as Sarah's x

What are you doing please Di?
    Pandora's Little Sister 30/11/17 x
  • locarr
    locarr Posts: 8,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker

used to be around 3.45- 3.50pm....

In recent years the Grand National start times have been put back to 5:15pm and is now shown on ITV1. The later race time is mainly to attract more viewers as when the race was run around 4pm there were generally a lot of other sporting events – like football – going on at that time too. So now you can watch the Grand National at 5:15pm on Saturday 14th April 2018.

https://www.grandnational.org.uk/grand-national-start-times.php
    "He that lieth down with dogs shall rise up with fleas" Benjamin Franklin

bilge© copyright all rights reserved
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Anon wrote: »
    Not sure why it would be different unless the printer was out of paper? Or that store has somehow over ridden it?

Anon

I would not be surprised. This is the store I had issues with a few years back
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Jack F now available online https://www.starbargains.co.uk.

HTH

Anon

It's Grand National Day Tomorrow. We have done it in the past, so against my better judgement, as I am carp at organising things, we should try to raise some money for good causes. Usual rules apply. Pick a number, copy the list (highlight, then press Ctrl 'C'), then paste it into a new post (press Ctrl 'V') and I will do my best to keep up with the chaos. I will request someone as my trusty person who will keep a copy list to the horses/corresponding numbers to make sure I don't cheat. The winner gets to choose the cause and we all pay our £2 to that cause. I hope im not breaking any forum rules, as all charity links/donation links will be put onto the relevant forum section. As ever there's no obligation to take part at all, and if it all goes breastage up, blame Bubbs Oh, and if you pick a non runner/donkey/3 legged albatross, tough!

List 2

3. emerald21
    7. NR
    8. 3Dogs
    12. Mr Diluvscounts
    13. Its a secret 66
    21. nanx4
    33. josie_ann57
    36. NR
    37. P2TKL
    38. Vouchercrazy
    39. fuzzgun19

List 1 - FULL
    1. Anon
    2. HILLBERN
    3. Picasso
    4. hippychicky
    5. Michaels
    6. Nellie35
    7. 3Dogs NR
    8. Diluvsdiscounts
    9. elliemoo
    10. cjj
    11. TM
    12. JTS
    13. TS
    14. SnS
    15. Hornetgirl
    16. Sarahdol75
    17. juju17
    18. c_c06
    19. pacifica9
    20. elaine
    21. spud01
    22. Pandoraskids
    23. gocat
    24. determined new ms
    25. Locarr
    26. underperky
    27. AJ (tweets spending your money again)
    28. Lfab
    29. Chrisv
    30. tweets
    31. BarleySugar
    32. Rhosynbach
    33. MKS
    34. DM
    35. curl girl
    36. P2TKL NR
    37. Scamps
    38. lesliejack
    39. MrsJoJo
    40. its a secret 66
  • What are you doing please Di?

I'm going to climb a mountain, its a bit of a long story hopefully at the end of September x
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Only half an hour or so to go, lets see if we can fill the second lot.

It's Grand National Day Tomorrow. We have done it in the past, so against my better judgement, as I am carp at organising things, we should try to raise some money for good causes. Usual rules apply. Pick a number, copy the list (highlight, then press Ctrl 'C'), then paste it into a new post (press Ctrl 'V') and I will do my best to keep up with the chaos. I will request someone as my trusty person who will keep a copy list to the horses/corresponding numbers to make sure I don't cheat. The winner gets to choose the cause and we all pay our £2 to that cause. I hope im not breaking any forum rules, as all charity links/donation links will be put onto the relevant forum section. As ever there's no obligation to take part at all, and if it all goes breastage up, blame Bubbs Oh, and if you pick a non runner/donkey/3 legged albatross, tough!

List 2

3. emerald21
    7. NR
    8. 3Dogs
    12. Mr Diluvscounts
    13. Its a secret 66
    21. nanx4
    33. josie_ann57
    36. NR
    37. P2TKL
    38. Vouchercrazy
    39. fuzzgun19