20/20 Vision (repaying a debt to my home and myself)

Comments

• parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Im glad to read you're feeling better DIA.

I think you're right about the coffee pot. I'm sure its something we all do with clothes, homewear, etc, but it seems pointless to have things tucked away in cupboards getting dusty. Use it and enjoy it.

It sounds like you had a productive day as well. Good luck with the roofer.
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • RosaBernicia
    RosaBernicia Posts: 4,875 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Hurrah to coffee pot use!

Robot vacuum for floors?... am loving mine...

Rosa xx
    Debt free May 2016... DFW#2 in progress
    Campervan paid off summer '21... MFW progress tbc
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I decluttered all my plates and replaced them with my grandma's dinner service I inherited. Some pieces were missing when I got it and I smashed a plate early on, but I don't think it is worth much and it brings me joy to use it. As a bonus the plates are quite a bit smaller than more modern dinner plates leading to slightly smaller portions! Hubby ruined this by insisting on buying a new dinner set just after Xmas, but we did need new bowls and it is nice to have a full matching set for the first time in years. I still use my grandma's plates for certain things though, maybe twice a week so I feel they are still useful and still bringing me joy.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,130 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Good idea on the coffee pot~~use it & love it :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,719 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Im glad to read you're feeling better DIA.

I think you're right about the coffee pot. I'm sure its something we all do with clothes, homewear, etc, but it seems pointless to have things tucked away in cupboards getting dusty. Use it and enjoy it.

It sounds like you had a productive day as well. Good luck with the roofer.
    Thanks Parsniphead. I must admit anxiety is creeping in about the roofer appointment but I am trying to stay with it and not cancel :o
    I decluttered all my plates and replaced them with my grandma's dinner service I inherited. Some pieces were missing when I got it and I smashed a plate early on, but I don't think it is worth much and it brings me joy to use it. As a bonus the plates are quite a bit smaller than more modern dinner plates leading to slightly smaller portions! Hubby ruined this by insisting on buying a new dinner set just after Xmas, but we did need new bowls and it is nice to have a full matching set for the first time in years. I still use my grandma's plates for certain things though, maybe twice a week so I feel they are still useful and still bringing me joy.
    I loved your post. A lovely story. I think my coffee pot will bring me joy too :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Hurrah to coffee pot use!
    Robot vacuum for floors?... am loving mine...
    Thanks Rosa. A robot vacuum is definitely not part of my plan! But glad you are enjoying yours :)
    beanielou wrote: »
    Good idea on the coffee pot~~use it & love it :)
    I will Beanielou! :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    When is the roofer coming?
    Hope that you dont have too long to worry about it.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• doingitanyway
    When is the roofer coming?
    Hope that you dont have too long to worry about it.
    Tomorrow. I need NOT TO CANCEL or I will never get it done! :o

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • beanielou
    Tomorrow. I need NOT TO CANCEL or I will never get it done! :o

Try not to cancel.
    YOU can do this.
    Positive vibes your way.

• doingitanyway
    Try not to cancel.
    YOU can do this.
    Positive vibes your way.
    Thanks Beanielou. I will be trying my hardest NOT TO CANCEL :o

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills