Appalling Arnold Clark/Citroen Service

My 2016 Cactus C4 which has been fully service went into limp mode on 26th June 20 mins from our destination, we were recovered and was advised it was probably a spark plug issue.
The car was recovered to Arnold Clark Citroen Linwood, Glasgow and the said that it would be looked at and they'd call us. The call came that it was spark plugs and that the recommendations were an oil & filter change as well as front brakes & discs. We agreed to all the work being done for a bill cira £480. An few hours later we got a call saying are you sitting down! The issue remains and that cylinder 1 has failed on the 2 year old engine and that a new engine under warranty is needed. We asked Arnold Clark for a courtesy car but they had none available & still don't. They advised we contact Citroen, which we did but were told that we'd have to hire our own and the'd repay up to £15 a day in car hire fees for a minimum of 2 weeks.
We contacted various companies but were looking at £30 a day up over as well as £1500 security deposit/insurance waiver, which we simply couldn't afford. We took this back to Citroen whom basically said tough we are not supplying a car direct as we don't do it.
Its now nearly 10 days on and have been told that the repair maybe done this week but we still have to pay for the oil change/filter and spark plugs on the old engine.
Is this right ? Can I ask for these parts in hand if they insist on me paying for them as they would automatically come on a new engine.
You'd think a companies as large as Citroen & Arnold Clark would treat their customers better especially with a car still under warranty.

Comments

• LandyAndy
    LandyAndy Posts: 26,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    pt1974 wrote: »
    You'd think a companies as large as Citroen & Arnold Clark would treat their customers better especially with a car still under warranty.

Yes, but not Arnold Shark themselves.
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Has anyone got anything good to say About Arnold-Clarke?
  • wgl2014
    wgl2014 Posts: 1,144 Forumite
    I'd suggest arguing that the oil/ filter and plugs were only agreed to following AC making an incorrect diagnosis of the problem.

Just pondering, was an oil service missed hence the recommendation? If so I might be less inclined to push things.
  • oldhand
    oldhand Posts: 3,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Arklight wrote: »
    Has anyone got anything good to say About Arnold-Clarke?

Yes,they don't have a garage in my town..:p:p
  • eschaton
    eschaton Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    In the past I would sometimes stick up for Arnold Clark, but most of that goodwill was gained from overall good service from their Mount Vernon Peugeot branch. They really were good.

My last experience was with their Seafield Peugeot branch along with their Head Office customer services. That experience underlined to me that they really couldn't give a !!!! about their customer.

For that reason, I bought my last car from elsewhere after previously buying 8 cars from them, 7 new and one ex demo.

I'll never ever recommend them again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport