Want credit card for balance transfer & clearing overdraft

Hi,

I'm wanting to get a credit card to transfer over a balance on an existing credit card I'm paying interest on as well as clearing my current overdraft, that I'm also paying charges for.

What would be my best option here? is there a card that does both, or would i just have to choose the best single option?

thanks in advance
My 1st comp win: Golf Day with Joe Hart :j

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,133
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Ambassador
    If it was only a BT from another card then it would be a BT card, as you also want to clear an overdraft you would need a MT (Money Transfer) card for that so best to go for the MT card as it will cover the both if limit permits.

Take a MT card - transfer the amount to your current account for both the overdraft and other credit card - pay off both - make sure you have a plan to pay off within the promo period to avoid paying interest.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • some providers will over both on a promotional rate. however if you cant get both, then MT will be the way to go
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure