Self help thread. I am a widow coping getting on with it

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    my dd has just sent a dd1 (and all of us) an e mail with advice about buying a car. He used the word MoSCoW, Must have, Should have, Could have and Won`t have. Perfect for me too, maybe in future I will carve that onto a wooden plaque. Think I will unpack my carving tools!

Excellent full 8 hour sleep last night, I changed my pillow position. Had been using 3 pillows to make a slope to avoid night time silent gerd but the hip pains were waking me all night. Last night I took gaviscon as it forms a raft of floating, blocking bubbles and used one good pillow, chunky because I am a side sleeper and need the shoulder room. No pains all night. This spine of ours, it needs such tlc, it especially affects the lower joints, throws it all out of alignment

It is silent here again, that is something I had to come to terms with, always silent and no-one to make me a cup of tea
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I had a good night's sleep too kittie.

I need to get up and dressed as youngest is staying over and I want to make her breakfast before popping to the local shop for ingredients to make lunch for four of us (maybe more?)

We all went for a local walk along a bridle path yesterday and I managed 7000 steps over the day so very pleased with myself.

Tomorrow is the U3A vintage films show in York so looking forward to that.

Once family have gone I plan to put my feet up and relax for a while. There is home made chicken and veg soup for tonight and might make a portion of chicken and veg pasta and freeze some.

Hugs to all
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    U3A is on my todo list Elona, I`ll just get more sorting under way first, using the MoSCoW principle, good headway today with wardrobes.
  • White_musk
    White_musk Posts: 179 Forumite
    Lovely day here, chilly but bright and sunny. I had planned to wash and peg out the big throw I have on my bed in winter but somehow forgot. Tomorrow is another day.

I've got lazyitis after a reasonably productive day. I did sleep in a little late today and when I do that it seems to sap my energy so much. I'm not going to sleep in any more. I need to get the vacuum out really, one of my fluffy paws is a shedder and I've noticed the winter coat is beginning to find it's way onto the floor. Also my kitchen needs swept and mopped. I have a little robot vacuum but it won't pick up the hair very well, I may set it loose in the kitchen though.

Hugs.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • White_musk
    edited 8 April 2018 at 5:22PM
    I'm in a bit of a pickle. The winter throw when washed and dried has no home. It's quite thick and large and I've no spaces anywhere to store it. The only place I could put it is under my mattress, lay it out and just fold the corners into the middle so it's square and shouldn't come to any harm, should it?

Dinner bubbling away, it should be ready in about 10-15 minutes. While the oven is on I made a batch of breakfast muffins, they'll do for tomorrow and with using all the veg in the fridge for dinner ready for a fresh delivery tomorrow, it's used up some of the salady bits I had floating around.

I don't know how I'd cope without an electric chopper and tin opener - godsends.

Torry, hope you're ok.

Hugs.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
    God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, wisdom to know the difference.
  • wort
    wort Posts: 1,672 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    White musk I don't know what your throw is made of- but I keep duvets under the mattress, at the moment the summer one, then they get switched when warmer weather comes along.
    I wish I'd done some washing as it's been nice today, hope tomorrow is as good to do it then.
    Been busy though, coloured my hair, and done lots of cooking, for teas today tomorrow and Tuesday. With some for freezer too. Made scones , a little crumbly but difficult to get right gluten free, they hold together ok with jam and cream .;)
    Focus on contribution instead of the impressiveness of consumption to see the true beauty in people.
  • Elona_2
    Elona_2 Posts: 361 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    White Musk

How about folding the throw into a square or rolling it into a bolster shape then putting it into a cushion case?

I did some shopping this morning so don't have to go to shops again this week. The U3A is tomorrow afternoon so can have a quiet morning and get the bus around noon knowing I have home made meals in the freezer, salad veg, eggs and potatoes. I can return a parcel on the way to the bus stop and exchange it for a different size without having to make a special trip.
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I do like the way this thread has evolved to become a support thread throughout daily living with its ups and downs. We are always here for the bereaved, that is why the thread was started, we support and comfort each other. Don`t anyone think we are a clique so that you are worried about joining us, we are definitely not that, we welcome you to the thread that no-one wants to join. You will be with friends who know what you are going through

Torry we haven`t seen you for a while. Please come and talk to us
  • White_musk
    I'm not sure what it's made from either. It's just really pretty and covered in sequins and things and I love it. It may well be polyester on one side the other side is quite fluffy (technical term :rotfl:) it's got a thin layer of stuffing too, it's quite weighty.

I could roll it up as a bolster but with my lack of storage it would have to go on my bed as a pillow :rotfl:

Kittie, I totally agree, this is the thread no one wants to join but it's warmth, caring and support is the best.

I think the throw is going to be folded just enough so it goes under my mattress and I shall spend the summer with my fingers crossed. I would think it'll be fine afterall it goes through roughty toughty on the bed and it should be very peaceful under the mattress. :rotfl:

I'm worried about Torry.

Hugs.

Edit to add: I tried multi post - it didn't work.
    Feb 2019 GC £151.53/£300
  • sukysue
    sukysue Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hello everyone , I have been lurking for a while now. I have not lost my beloved husband but have lost my very close friend who was very much older than myself who l looked after and loved very much, a year ago now. I also lost my dearly loved MIL nearly three years ago and feel like l haven't grieved properly for her, I am stuck in feeling very angry towards her which I am aware of and can't seem to change. My friend Cathy I feel like l am grieving properly for her but my MIL is another matter . I miss them both so much still, even though l have my husband and my DC .
    I have been reading your posts and saw your reaching out to others re you not wanting others to think you are a clique. I don't feel this at all about you here . I feel I don't really qualify to join you because l am not a widow, although bereavement has hit me very hard.
    Anyway I just wanted to say that if you felt able to, you could PM Torry to see how she was . Hope you don't mind me butting in. I admire you all so much how you just keep going and remember your beloved and your memories of your life together. Thank you for listening l didn't want you to feel l was just nosy ! Hope my post makes sense .
    xXx-Sukysue-xXx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure