Here we can all be heard for a little while. Part 3

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Weren't they still there when you got back, though?

Talking of turtles, where is Code?

Nope, my dad went over and sorted them before I'd set foot in the place again.

Yes code..... where are you?? I hope you're being awesome and not a turtle in your new job :D
  • I've been thinking of her these last few days, hoping she's ok and just settling into her new job :)

We have these plastic spiders (they came with the spider catchers!), that we place round the house in random places! :rotfl: They look so real, so it's a case of deploy spider and sit back and wait for the screams! :D
  • Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Is that so you can practice picking them up?

I've just had a complete shock! A nice one! Someone was telling me about pinhole glasses yesterday, so I've read up on them in Wiki. It said that you can use them for both long and short sight, and in an 'emergency' you can improvise some by piercing a pinhole in a piece of paper.

Well, I've just tried that, both with one hole and with several, and it really works!

I couldn't believe it! I am very shortsighted, and have also had presbyopia for several years. I could see distance clearly, and read!

Whether or not using them will actually improve sight remains to be seen, but as the presbyopia bothers me the most, and it's supposed to have the best results with that type of vision, I think I'll get a pair and give it a go!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Pyxis
    It's my special day today! It's weird people day!

woot-smiley.gif?1292867702woot-smiley.gif?1292867702woot-smiley.gif?1292867702
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• Pyxis wrote: »
    Is that so you can practice picking them up?

No, it's so we can scare the *insert word of choice* out of each other! :D

The pinhole thing sounds interesting. I am short sighted. Is it meant to improve your vision by doing eye exercises of some sort?
    Pyxis wrote: »
    It's my special day today! It's weird people day!

woot-smiley.gif?1292867702woot-smiley.gif?1292867702woot-smiley.gif?1292867702

What next?! They have days for everything now lol! Who makes these days up?
  • Pyxis
    edited 9 September 2016 at 11:55AM
    No, it's so we can scare the *insert word of choice* out of each other! :D

The pinhole thing sounds interesting. I am short sighted. Is it meant to improve your vision by doing eye exercises of some sort?

What next?! They have days for everything now lol! Who makes these days up?

Guess! Starts with U and ends with A, and there's an S in there somewhere!

It's all down to AlfieBlue on the Alohabetty thread. Every day she researches the day and posts stuff about the day!

The idea with the glasses is that you wear them for 15-20 mins a day.
    I think there are exercises as well, possibly.

The results vary with short sight, apparently. It works best on defects caused by the lax muscles in the eyes. As I have short sight as well as presbyopia (age-related long sight) it'd be interesting to see what happens.
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• Lol might have guessed! :rotfl:

I have an astigmatism in one eye, not even sure which one it is lol! Don't know if that's caused by lax muscles or not, will have to read up on it later on.
  • Pyxis
    edited 9 September 2016 at 12:05PM
    Lol might have guessed! :rotfl:

I have an astigmatism in one eye, not even sure which one it is lol! Don't know if that's caused by lax muscles or not, will have to read up on it later on.

I think astigmatism is caused by variations in the curvature of the eye.
    I've got that too. :(

There are different types as well.

Edit... Yes, that's it......

"a defect in the eye or in a lens caused by a deviation from spherical curvature, which results in distorted images, as light rays are prevented from meeting at a common focus."

Astigmatism_%28Eye%29.png
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    So astigmatism isn't being boss eyed then? I apparently have a slight squint which only shows up when I'm tired.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • We hear you username and we are here for you.

Oooh pretty eye pics! I am short and long sighted, I became short sighted at 24 but not long sighted until my late 30's. I never wear glasses because I have never been to get through the initial phase when my eyes adjusted. It made me feel terribly dizzy and made my migraines worse so I have given up everytime. That prescription is out of date by 20 years now anyway so I really should attempt to get a new pair.
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback