Travelling On

Comments

• beanielou wrote: »
    I wish I could get a You Gov or two :rotfl:
    Have a good day.

I've had 2 YouGov surveys this week. Paid ones too, not the free draw ones:j. This is a big surprise as I'm approaching a payout after what seems like years. Still a way to go, about another 6 x 50 point surveys, but I can see the end now. I'd been very worried a few months ago that they'd blacklisted me or something because they never sent me any survey invitations for weeks on end, not even an Oracle one:eek:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    I've had 2 YouGov surveys this week. Paid ones too, not the free draw ones:j. This is a big surprise as I'm approaching a payout after what seems like years. Still a way to go, about another 6 x 50 point surveys, but I can see the end now. I'd been very worried a few months ago that they'd blacklisted me or something because they never sent me any survey invitations for weeks on end, not even an Oracle one:eek:

I am in a similar situation.
    Maybe 8 to payout.
    I only seem to get 1 - 2 a month these days.
    Lucky you with two this week :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Hiya MCI! Good to see you!

My day has been the usual mix of taking care of myself, taking care of the garden (I needed to do normal weeding, not navvying! good heavens!), and taking care of my computerised records and general *stuff* in the house.

I uploaded a segment of genealogy records to my free Google Drive cloud storage - backing up offsite is A Good Thing, officially :D

Oh, a few more SB points turned up unexpectedly - I bought some camping gaz cartridges with the free £5 that paypal were offering everyone, so once again I'm within 100 points of an Amazon tenner :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Morning all!

Mega-SB-survey, nearly 10% of a £10 Amazon voucher, hurray, so I've got my voucher and well on the way to the next.

Jobs are going well - after second breakfast, I'm going to have a little bonfire, even though its grey, its warm enough. That helps with the garden, gets things tidier. And need to carry on digging out a *new* set of brambles today :o. They, and a dozen or so baby cherry laurels, were underneath the old bonfire pile. Just goes to show how important it is to carry on with a job once you've started it :o
  • Karmacat
    Bonfire worked well, though no additional digging done - it takes a *lot* of energy to keep a bonfire fed when its just bits and pieces of twigs and small branches. It's mostly died down now, and there's lots more ash than last time, which means I was energetic enough to do more bonfire-feeding :) I've already cut material for a couple more, and then I raid the stuff thats slowly decaying into the bottom of the broken wooden shed. Say another four, hopefully before I go away on the cruise ... gives me a blank slate to plant edible perennials, and later on it gives me some nice soil conditioning carbon to spread on the soil. I'm determined to catch up with garden maintenance this year.

But I do smell of smoke :eek: I like the smell, actually, but thats not really the point :rotfl:
  • Karmacat
    Morning!

Very tired after the bonfire work, but just been out there to inspect the ashes, and there's lots and lots to sprinkle on my little heap of goodness for the soil later this year.

I'm heading off to my first U3A group today, in spite of the tiredness, so nothing else doing. R&R v important :)
  • Karmacat wrote: »
    Morning!

Very tired after the bonfire work, but just been out there to inspect the ashes, and there's lots and lots to sprinkle on my little heap of goodness for the soil later this year.

I'm heading off to my first U3A group today, in spite of the tiredness, so nothing else doing. R&R v important :)

Enjoy your group, KC:beer:

Well done on your bonfire efforts too:T.. OH has been working his way through a mountain of thin but long tree branches for the last 3 days, sawing them to fit on a fire that wouldn't extend across the whole garden:eek:. Between heavy rain and winds in the wrong direction he finally had it all finished by yesterday teatime:j. We give anything suitable to a fellow-villager for their wood-burner but they didn't want the stuff we had this time:(. They have only recently moved here and are still living the idyllic country life. Their purpose-built log store is an aesthetic dream, absolutely full of uniformly cut and stacked logs. I'm not envious but just curious how they can go to all the time and trouble just for appearance's sake. OH has offered to chop and split our big branches/trunks for them (he likes the exercise:eek:) but the recipient says he'd rather have them as the are so he can chop them himself. Everything we gave him before was of a suitable burnable size but after seeing their log store since then OH realises they weren't artistic enough;)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,186 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    No wonder you are tired.
    I slept for 4 hours this afternoon:eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Great effort on the garden clearance :T. What was on at the U3A? Some of the things my friend's mum does are brilliant (she loves art).
    Hope you had a lovely day :)
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Enjoy your group, KC:beer:

Well done on your bonfire efforts too:T.. OH has been working his way through a mountain of thin but long tree branches for the last 3 days, sawing them to fit on a fire that wouldn't extend across the whole garden:eek:. Between heavy rain and winds in the wrong direction he finally had it all finished by yesterday teatime:j. We give anything suitable to a fellow-villager for their wood-burner but they didn't want the stuff we had this time:(. They have only recently moved here and are still living the idyllic country life. Their purpose-built log store is an aesthetic dream, absolutely full of uniformly cut and stacked logs. I'm not envious but just curious how they can go to all the time and trouble just for appearance's sake. OH has offered to chop and split our big branches/trunks for them (he likes the exercise:eek:) but the recipient says he'd rather have them as the are so he can chop them himself. Everything we gave him before was of a suitable burnable size but after seeing their log store since then OH realises they weren't artistic enough;)
    Oh boy :eek: they sound a bit .... unrealistic :rotfl:I have very little experience of actual woodpiles for fires - when my sister had the French cottage, one of my first jobs was to walk up and down the grass, picking up wood that would clog the little sit-on mower - it created a lovely little pile of kindling, but no logs :rotfl:

I have a gut understanding now of indoor air pollution - I had a shower last night, of course, but the smell is in my hair, and woodsmoke is actually full of carcinogens .... very powerful.
    beanielou wrote: »
    No wonder you are tired.
    I slept for 4 hours this afternoon:eek:
    Thanks beanie! Having now done two things in two days, I'll be interested to see how my body reacts the next few days, it takes a while to crash badly, but I think I'm going to be okay.
    pinkypig wrote: »
    Great effort on the garden clearance :T. What was on at the U3A? Some of the things my friend's mum does are brilliant (she loves art).
    Hope you had a lovely day :)
    Thanks! It was a genealogy afternoon - take your own laptop in, do your own research. It was very focussed on Ancestry, and on Ancestry DNA, and I'm just not going to pay a subscription of nearly £100 a year, plus all the faffing about with certificates. Ancestry have enough free days to suit me, and if I want more, the library has a full membership. But I can usefully input some information to let it back up my info a little bit more. That always helps.

There's another couple of family history groups, so I'll try them too, and I have a "should" for French, but I *want* Spanish :) I'd like Ancient Civilisations, but the speaker on Monday was supposed to be great, and she was very poor (i'm an academic type, there's no two ways about it :o). Science might be interesting. Local history too. There'll be something positive. I'm glad your mum has found the right thing for her :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure