PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Wednesday 16th May 2018

Hollyharvey
Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 16 May 2018 at 5:58AM in Old style MoneySaving
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning.

Comments

• nmlc
    nmlc Posts: 4,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Morning everyone

hollyharvey - thanks for starting us off x

Hugs to those that want/need one x

Happy birthday to those with a birthday x

Cloudy, overcast and very breezy here this morning, quite cool too. I have got washing to peg out.

DH up and gone to work stupid early, DS1 now getting ready for work and DS2 still in his pit, will wake him shortly as he want's a lift.

Dinner last night was fish, chips/jacket potato, beans/veg - tonight we'll be having pork steaks braised in gravy, mash, cauli in cheese sauce, broc, cabbage and peas.

Yesterday work wasn't as busy as Monday but still busy enough with lots of unhappy customers - I'm doing another job in a back office today, so we'll see how that goes.

Keep safe and well x

nmlc x
    WEIGHTLOSS SINCE JUNE 2009 - 5 ST 2LB
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Morning All

Thanks for the start Holly, glad you had a good day.
    Sorry Mr TA isn't so good TA, hope you can get some answers soon.
    Sounds painful Mrs SD.

The sun is shining, I may get this driveway finished if the weather keeps up. I was rained off yesterday but wasn't sorry, really didn't feel like doing outside work as this bloomin cold is developing at a rate of knots! The rain didn't last long but by then I had had a bath and was thinking about bed.

Just about to put my dressing gowns on the line, should be nice and dry when I get home.

Work again today, the children are quite happy with the dry weather and everyone seems to be in a better mood. Have a good Wednesday, take care. XX
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,012 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Morning folks.

Sounds like you had a top day Holly. :j

The morning is glorious, such a change from yesterday. It must have been cold last night as there's condensation on the windows so I've got the dehumidifier running for an hour.

This morning I'm invigilating and then I've got a meeting at college. Not an arduous day at all and nothing exciting.

I've pulled some chicken breasts out of the freezer which I'll have for my main meal. Must get some veg as I'm out of it completely.

Happy Wednesday to everyone.
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,670 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Morning folks and thanks HOLLY. That sounded a lovely day for you yesterday.

Well yesterday's appointment with the Neurologist didn't go well. He seemed a bit miffed that Mr TA's Oncologist in Leeds had suggested the Peripheral Neuropathy was to blame for the digestive problems he is having. Not so, he said. You need to see a Gastroenterologist, So yet another branch of medicine to add to our ever growing list. We have a review of yesterday's appointment with a GP this morning so will take it from there. He really can't go on as he is with difficulty eating and, consequently, losing even more weight so I hope this can be arranged quickly. It goes without saying that I am very worried.

We have lost the sun today but it's due back tomorrow they say. It's eldest DGDs Confirmation service tonight and DD has booked a family meal afterwards at a lovely little Italian restaurant in town. I really can't see us going for the meal, as things are, but Mr TA is adamant he wants to go to the Church. We'll see how the day goes first and see how he feels by this evening.

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) for all in need/want of them. Take care all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Morning Holly and all,

Bladder got me up an hour ago and I couldn't get back to sleep so I'm listening to a little light music and catching up on posts.

Youngest came back from work in a foul mood last night. He carried it on by slamming doors and got yelled at. He might be having a rough time but he isn't taking it out of the house!

Prodigal came yesterday for a feed which of course he got but also got a lecture about budgeting.

Grump sent me pictures from the beach last night. It's only a couple of miles from the job. Rub it in why doesn't he?!

Eldest sent me a picture yesterday...He was sitting on a roof on one of the highest spots round here. Working on it of course. Thank goodness he's sober.

Not sure what today will bring. Bring it on! Preferably after 10am and before 5.:rotfl:

Holly I'm glad you had a lovely time yesterday. I'm ok thanks.

Onwards and forwards

Have a great day all

• redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Morning all

Seems a little bit cooler here this morning with a sharp wind again, yesterday turned out to be lovely again, I think we are due nice weather for about two weeks :j

Back to work for me today but its a short week with only three days so its payback for my long week last week.

Not sure about dinner tonight but there is plenty in, if its nice and sunny we may bbq or if not we have sausage and mash.

Got a few bits for my holiday yesterday but still need a few t-shirts as there was not much about so we will have to have another shopping trip.

Specky some things are just not meant to be, there will be a perfect person out there for you, and will happen when you least expect it.

Gentle hug for Mr TA xx

Have good days all xx
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Good morning everyone and a bit cooler this morning but still bright at least
    Sounds like your day was really nice Holly H andyour neighbour enjoyed the trip as well.Hope all goes well with the new Dr. today.

Eldest DD popped in yesterday for a cuppa and I got my net curtains down and done and out on the line and she is coming this morning to rehang them for me,and for breakfast then we are off to the Dockside outlet centre near us for a wander (she shops as a hobby ) I will go with her for the coffee I know she will want :)

Yay we won two bottle of vino last night at quiz night so our wins stash is growing, once there is enough for us all to have a bottle we will have a share out.

Tonight its a 'meet the author' night at the local library, and there are three authors of crime writing turning up so it should be interesting (also free with tea/coffee and biscuits ) my kind of night out :)

Tomorrow I shall be out to dinner at youngest DDs house as it would have been my late OH's 85th birthday and we always celebrate together even though its 15 years this year since we sadly lost him.

Already its the middle of the month, and the time is just flying by just lately.

Right time to get a wriggle on and the kettle as well

Have a good day chums what ever you are doing and hopefully the sun will shine down on you all

Cheers JackieO xxx
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Another day of the mysterious disappearing post.

Holly what a lovely day yesterday and I hope the consultant's visit goes well.

TA, you and your DH are in my thoughts and hopefully you will be able to enjoy the church service.

Dumpling, in answer to your question, I make a lot of things for the children and grandchildren of friends. Many of tge toys are in sets or families. Sometimes I make things for competition or raffle prizes. Often, when I make things for people at work, other people see them and ask me to make similar ones but with clothes in specific styles, it can be quite fiddly to make bride and groom outfits for small bears, especially since I have not really experienced a bear wedding. I improvise. I also make a lot of children's clothes, often to my own design, and baby blankets, all kinds of hats, gloves, scarves. I rarely knit for myself though. I'd forgotten but some years ago, I was asked to make 50+ mice in different colours as wedding favours, I only hope nobody there had a mouse phobia. I think they had a theme, Alice in Wonderland or something.

I am working this morning but as I worked on my day off, I might take the afternoon for myself today. It is dull but not raining.

My son had quite a good day, he has health problems but has goid and less good periods.I note that he had a huge box of Ferrero Rocher which he ate, shared some with his dad and I was offered one. Also they ate a chocolate orange but although I was offered a piece, I don't like those so declined. They had swordfish, followed by rack of lamb, I had a fishcake. OH cooked.

I really should he my arris in gear. Have a good, or at least tolerable day.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • tru
    tru Posts: 9,138 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Morning hello.gif[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I couldn't post yesterday, the laptop decided to do updates then have a clean-up – even though auto updates are turned off and I hadn't set it for a disk check or the other thing it did (can't remember what it was now, lol). As it was ignoring my settings, I ran various scans to make sure there were no problems, that took ages so I gave up on internetting for the day.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I've started a new crochet blanket but haven't planned it, just decided to start with squares then do rows of various stitches in various colours and see where it takes me. I've made the squares, joined them together in a row and now I'm stuck because I can't decide which colour to use for the first row of stitches :D[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm going to catch up with the housework this morning. Miss tru isn't sure what time she'll finish work today so she's going to ring me at 10am to let me know whether she'll be home for lunch or not. If she is, I'll be having a lazy afternoon with her, if not I'll go through my work and get a bit of my room sorted.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]
    [/FONT]
    :beer:
    Bulletproof
  • dumpling
    dumpling Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Good morning everyone :hello:

It is a lot cooler and quite grey here this morning. I managed to have a strip wash in the kitchen sink so I don't feel quite as grubby now. The builders are coming at 8 again so I will get the kettle on for them in a minute. We have tiles on the wall now so it is going very well and should hopefully be all done by Friday.

I will be doing some cooking and baking today to keep me occupied as I don't have any visitors coming. I still have loads of food to use up so will make some to go in the freezer. Becky will help me when she gets up as she enjoys cooking.

Thank you AOD for your interesting reply re the knitting. I have found it to be a bit of a sanity saver over the past year and although I have tried making clothes, toys are my favourite thing to make.

Oh the doorbell has just gone so I will love you and leave you. Hope you all have a great day whatever you are up to, take care xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure