Scammed from TSB

Comments

• Alex2011
    Alex2011 Posts: 25 Forumite
    SIM swaps required to validate customers security details, how someone pretend to be OP son and to pass all validation and security questions - this is very odd and fishy.
  • Regan55
    Regan55 Posts: 48 Forumite
    No chopper, as far as Vodafone are concerned.......it’s case closed.

Like hell it is.
  • Regan55
    Well apparently, no proof of ID other than Name, DOB, postcode.

I don’t want to suggest that anyone in said store could be in on it........but it makes you think?
  • Candyapple
    Candyapple Posts: 3,384
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Forumite
    Alex2011 wrote: »
    SIM swaps required to validate customers security details, how someone pretend to be OP son and to pass all validation and security questions - this is very odd and fishy.

Similar thread here:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74173166#post74173166

Seems that a lot of mobile phone operators are very slack when it comes to things like security.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Credit Cards, Loans, Credit Files & Ratings boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge threads there. Any views are mine and not the official line of moneysavingexpert.com
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Hi Regan55,

I understand that this is a concerning time for your son.

So I can get this matter looked into further, please ask him to email me via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating his query in the question box, he'll also need to quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, he'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and I'll check that I've received it.

Thanks,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • GAD1981
    GAD1981 Posts: 15 Forumite
    God this is terrifying! I was recently hacked with my TSB account too but thankfully not to that extent! I hope it's all sorted!
  • Regan55
    Hi Lee,

Vodafone’s own fraud dept have investigated this......and then closed investigations. I am a 3rd party on his account to try and deal with this.

Vodafone have other ideas.
  • Regan55
    ChopperST wrote: »
    Have they elaborated how they got into your sons account in the first place prior to the OTP being generated? i.e. phone or internet?

We are having a farcical time with TSB chopper. Help lines are constantly ringing, for hours, and I mean hours. Last night trying to get an update........2 1/2 hours with phone ringing.......only to be told, that they have no record of my sons arranged “safe word” so we can deal with things in his absence. So they would not talk to my wife. Now TSB have to phone my son and ourselves (3 way call) to arrange again the authority for us to act for him.

Not got any clue as to how they got details. TSB will say the security is 100%.......everyone knows different.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,128
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Regan55 wrote: »
    Hi Lee,

Vodafone’s own fraud dept have investigated this......and then closed investigations. I am a 3rd party on his account to try and deal with this.

Vodafone have other ideas.

Have you read post 36 above?
  • Regan55
    badger09 wrote: »
    Have you read post 36 above?

I have thank you badger.

It has been done, for any good it will do.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure