Ryanair cancelling up to 50 flights a day

Comments

• melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    buglawton wrote: »
    Compensation if you send in proof of the alternative flight/s you took after your Ryanair 'chancer' ticket was cancelled!

And anyone hoping for compo for hotel/lost earnings/complicated re-routing on public transport - the very best of luck with that!

Ryanair will have to compensate you if they don't inform you within two weeks of your intended flight.

Otherwise they will organise an alternative for you within the timeframes of regulation EU261. Read it and breathe.

Your travel insurance will cover you for everything else.

You do have travel insurance and a credit card don't you?
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,861
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    richardw wrote: »
    So it appears Ryanair may not be doing what the EU reg says it shall/should, what's the remedy for this?

You pay for yourself to get home on a rival airline and then take them to court. Probably a court in Dublin.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Not sure where it's from but a list of cancelled flights was posted in the Tripadvisor forum earlier tonight:

http://fr-prod-static-pdf.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/flightcancellations.pdf
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    edited 18 September 2017 at 6:38PM
    One possible solution is to try and do a deal with American Airlines who have a massive B737-800 pilot workforce.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    jpsartre wrote: »
    Not sure where it's from but a list of cancelled flights was posted in the Tripadvisor forum earlier tonight:

http://fr-prod-static-pdf.s3-website-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/flightcancellations.pdf
    It's from the Ryanair website, and accessed by clicking...

Mon 25th Sept - Sat 28th

...on this page...

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/flight-cancellations7

If that's the lot then I'm one of the lucky ones for my October flights!
  • Ryanair have now posted a list of the cancelled flights from 21 September to 28 October. You can find it here:

https://www.ryanair.com/ie/en/useful-info/help-centre/travel-updates/flight-cancellations7

This should remove the worry from 98% of passengers who didn't know whether their flights were going to go ahead and provides clarity for the remaining 2% who are going to be cancelled
  • melanzana
    melanzana Posts: 3,953
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    There were so many posts regarding the charge for seating arrangements.

Makes me laugh and snort now.

I cannot believe this issue has so few posts.
  • buglawton
    buglawton Posts: 9,235
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    melanzana wrote: »
    Ryanair will have to compensate you if they don't inform you within two weeks of your intended flight.

Otherwise they will organise an alternative for you within the timeframes of regulation EU261. Read it and breathe.

Your travel insurance will cover you for everything else.

You do have travel insurance and a credit card don't you?
    And as I said, the very best of luck with that.
  • silvercar
    silvercar Posts: 46,861
    Academoney Grad Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Ambassador
    buglawton wrote: »
    And as I said, the very best of luck with that.

NWNF solicitors must be rubbing their hands with glee.
    I'm a Forum Ambassador on The Coronavirus Boards as well as the housing, mortgages and student money saving boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Forum Ambassadors are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    It appears pilots don't generally like Ryanair and this may be a fundamental longer term problem.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure