What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 11th September?

Comments

• ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,077 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 September 2017 at 10:38PM
    Good Morning All

Today we will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Ebay parcel to PO - Done
    Wash towels and line dry - Done
    Wash trainers on quick wash - Done
    Upload receipts to COS - Done
    Filing & shredding -
    Ironing - Done
    Email complaint - Done, had to post and return items
    Purge a few emails - Done a few
    Enter a few comps - Done a few
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer - Done
    Checked: Luckyphone, Ashleigh, FPL - Done
    Read - Done, a few mags to be passed on

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 30/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• Afternoon all :hello: didn't have time to post this morning, but have been busy :) WFH so getting some other wins whilst I'm at it :o

Pop to SM, used MOC (and calculator on the way round so I only just spent the right amount;)) Also good for things you buy regularly to refocus your mind as to how much they are
    2 loads of washing done and it was drying outside until 5 minutes ago when we had a shower, will go back out in a minute then in later when it goes cold on airer
    Dug out my slippers instead of flip flops :(
    Meal from planner
    Make a cake if I can find my bag of walnuts :rotfl:
    Maybe a run later if I can fit it in
    Some labelling for my sale on Sunday
    Past its best goats cheese on a cracker for lunch and OOD beetroot :o
    Another frozen banana from freezer in breakfast smoothie with blackberries I picked and froze
    Must do something with stewed fruit in fridge
    Check banking, surveys and FPL. Generate my next payslip for Friday to see how much the new share save I've set up will change net pay - updated sheet.
    Worked out debt repayment and savings to income ratio :) Will be happier when it's all going to savings :A

Right think that's about it.
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 September 2017 at 5:13PM
    Afternoon folks!

Frugal - sorry to hear you had a mare of a day. Hopefully today will be better.

Summary of yesterday:
    • Meals from plan (will be ok as OH out at work so dinner will be ready when he gets in) - done
    • Reconcile budget sheet (better late than never) - no
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Poss stretching if time - no
    • Poss crochet if time - done
    • Make bed (unless OH has been incredibly excited and has done it unprompted :rotfl: ) - done (by me!)
    • Message my mum re Christmas/birthday money - do I have any left? I'm potentially going to be treating myself to something expensive, but I think it will do me good. - yep. Earmarked £110 out of £600

So I have decided to go ahead with my expensive purchase. It's 3 months of tailored 1-2-1 programming with my coach at the gym. At £200pdm :eek:. Def not mse but I think it will be good for my MH. You may remember that I was really enjoying the gym, but my poor health has knocked my confidence somewhat and I think this will help.

However, I am finding the money rather than adding it onto the budget.
    £70 (x3) normal gym fee
    £30 (x 3) of my pocket money
    £60 2 x physio app cancelled (non essential)
    £100 Christmas money
    Which leaves me with £53 a month to find. 4 hours of overtime will cover this so I will break even :T

Today's list:
    • Meals from meal plan
    • Reconcile that blimmin budget sheet!! (have been waiting for OH)
    • Charge phone in work
    • Gym at lunchtime (5k run in 30.51 :) Will aim for 30.30 next time)
    • Crochet if time
    • Prep stuff for tomorrow's lunch/dinner
    • See about rearranging my food delivery as they are late and no one will be in the office - website has helpfully told me that they will get back to me tomorrow... :mad:
    Have a good evening folks

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,092 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Hello Tuesday Frugalistas,
    A useful day today. Quite a lot of what I've achieved was money saving one way or another & I am still feeling bloomin' massively motivated. Here goes with my list:
    *Parked on outskirts of town for free & walked in. Good for fitness too, as I have already achieved over 10,000 steps today.
    *Stuck to my list for town. I got tickets for a film night next month, bought 2 x 99p birthday cards in local indie card shop, 2 big boxes of chocs from Thornton's (2 for £10) - I went in to buy one for a birthday present but got the offer so as to put one away in the Presents Box. Called in Waitrose to see if they had re-stocked their Taylor's of Harrogate Coffee as it's on offer at the moment & the shelves were bare at the weekend. Yay! It was back. Bought 3 packs, as £1.74 for that particular brand is a damn good saving. Had a free cuppa while I was there, courtesy of loyalty card......no cake though, I ate my emergency raisins instead! All this morning spends were made using cash from the correct budgets. #feeling angelic!
    *Did not buy curtain fabric. Popped in my usual shop but prices seemed to be a lot higher than when I last used them. £11 a metre & I need about 4 or 5 metres. Am cogitating on this for a while as I think there are a couple more ways I could tackle this project. The 'Old Me' would have just bought the fabric without further thought.
    *Did a couple of surveys over lunchtime.
    *Chopped down greenhouse tomato plants. Brought remaining tomatoes into the conservatory on a tray to ripen.
    *Picked more chillies, more peppers, the last of the french beans, last couple of bunches of grapes & some fresh herbs.
    *Assessed how much home-grown food is still to come - courgettes, 2 large squash, more chillies & peppers, basil, heaps of pears & the sweetcorn cobs will be ready very soon. Will incorporate this knowledge into meal plans.
    *Made chicken stew (in my big turquoise pan which DNMS likes!) using last of Sunday's rubber chicken & l/o gravy, the stock I made yesterday & a round-up of veg which needed using.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    *Put a kilo of ripe tomatoes where I am absolutely sure to see them tomorrow to remind me to make another big batch of tomato soup.
    *Cast on next sock......I shan't get many pairs knitted in time for this stall, but I usually get a reasonable price for them & the yarn will all be from my stash, & some of it gifted so no cost to me except my time.
    *Packed all the BBQ pear sauce I made yesterday away into the pantry. I love squirrelling stuff away in there at this time of year. I want to put together a couple of fairly modest Christmas hampers so all this preserving activity will help with that.
    I've done other stuff too, but that's the money saving hilights. Just waiting for mr f to get home....have had text to say his bus is stuck in traffic & he's starving! Hmmm.....can't see much of the huge stew I've made actually making it into the freezer then!
    Bye,
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Evening all.

My FB buyer turned up eventually with her pound coin!

I collected my coffee table from the eBay seller, it's a lovely piece of wood but it's quite tall and I won't be able to see the fire from my favourite chair, I may ask the carpenter to lower it a bit.

More design stuff done but not quite finished, will finish it tomorrow with fresh eyes.

I emailed the workflow director last night to say I'm only going back for one week and then I'm off and I've had a reply so it's done now :eek:

It's getting chilly here, I'm going to watch east Enders under the covers and then sew the last curtain for the can.
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Hi everyone :wave:

I had to get some groceries today - there's £58 in the groceries pot for the rest of September - will need to go shopping at the weekend... This is doable... right?!
    Made packed lunches today for me and OH. :beer:

OH is doing a roast chicken tonight so we should have lots of leftovers for lunches for the rest of the week. Then tomorrow I'll do lasagne so there should be enough for Weds & Thurs & one lunch. ;)

Checked banking/YNAB
    Checked noddle credit report

Submitted an escalation for a flight delay - they said it landed within 3 hours so I wasn't eligible for compensation but it was 2h 56min and I saw something to say it should be when you actually get off the plane not when it lands so I escalated it on this point as we were definitely on the plane for an extra 4 min after landing. :p

I'm off out tonight - tap class :D Lots going on so good to take my mind off it even for an hour.

xx
  • Morning all :hello: woken by the wind (I think) and now it's far to noisy to get back to sleep :( so I've had a coffee and got in early and booked the slots at parents evening that I needed due to work :rotfl:

I've also done 5 minutes meditation, as I wrote a piece for work on wellbeing and thought I should take some of my own advice particularly as anxiety was running high yesterday and getting up at 3.15 isn't going to help :eek:

Other things today:
    Check banking, surveys and FPL
    Check cc to see if refund from an item I didn't receive from amaz0n has been received
    Make a note in diary in a week to contact ombudsman if my utility provider still haven't given me a bill (it's only been 5 months since they stopped) had to get Fairy assertive level 5 yesterday when again they didn't seem to think it was an issue ('as your paying by direct debit, so probably won't be in debit') :mad:
    Carbonara for tea using ys cream I bought yesterday
    See if I can find those walnuts :rotfl:
    Labelling for sale (did some sorting last night, so it's vaguely in some sort of order)
    Take mrs FW rice and beans to work I made last night when I found some left over rice in fridge
    Enough beans and mushrooms for another day, so will cook some rice tonight and add to it and either freeze or DH can have tomorrow

Right, off to try and use the time wisely whilst not waking the rest of the house. Hope the commute is kind in this weather :)
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2017 at 2:31PM
    Morning purps - hope you're ok through the day with such an early start x

Day off today and I am meeting dd after lunch. She's received the dreaded work capacity questionnaire :( She's not been in a great way recently so think for the next few weeks I need to try to support her to resolve the things she has let slide. It's so frutrating she doesn't deal with things, or tell me they are a problem when they are small but instead waits until things are a massive problem.... she cancelled on me.
    Have offered to do it with her on Sat....

That's not going to leave me much time for other stuff as want to go to the allotment for a couple of hours after dropping off madam. was at the allotment for a few hours,
    came home did loads of sorting of veg. Made soup and generally tidied up

[STRIKE]get some cooked diced turkey out of the freezer for pasta bake for meat eaters - am going to use a tin of mushroom soup from the "use it up" box ;)[/STRIKE]

slice and freeze runner beans

20 mins hula hooping :D & 2 x 10 mins power walking to & from school

[STRIKE]get courgette cake out of freezer[/STRIKE] for after school snack for madam. She's got ballet today but bag is all packed up already ;)

vacuum stairs & upstairs. give bathroom a once over

Photo & list things on fleabay - I'm getting there! I photo'd 3 things yesterday :T

get lunches & bags ready for tomorrow

sort out cc2 and make payments from various pots. Will by default check my bank as well :D

Ok that's all I think I will have time for. Have a great day!

La E totally doable! Go and look on jack monroe's cookingonabootstrap site for inspiration for cheap and delish meals :money:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,439 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Morning all :)
    Not a great night's sleep here either :( It was very windy - I see this morning it has blown the bean wigwams over. They can be pulled upright again, but hope they haven't damaged anything!

Plans for today:
    Dog walks
    Ring surgery for appointment for a flu jab
    Make a note to order prescription medication online in time to pick up when I go to get flu jab, save a journey :)
    Rescue beans and see if any other damage has been done in the garden :(
    Pack an ebay sale (I will use packaging that I already have), and walk to the post office with it
    List some more items
    HM food from stores - aiming for a NSD - the ebay buyer has already paid for postage, so I don't count that! We have emough chicken and ham pie left for tonight, but I might get some mince out of the freezer to make a bolognese, as I have various bits and pieces to use up. Also have a quiche shell made yesterday to fill and rebake.
    Check banks
    Check for surveys
    Bit of cleaning
    Write to my aunt, who is elderly and doesn't do email or FB, and likes to get a letter :)
  • Dawn it's funny what you said about your aunt. I have friends with children one slightly younger than DD who likes a letter. The children always send handwritten thank you notes after presents but emailing is strictly out of the question. I don't mind, its nice to send and receive a hand written letter and when I send off presents to even the relatives I still try to put a small hand written note in.

Welcome to the newbies:hello:, Frugal I hope the days have been better since that mare of a day you had.

Sorry I have been reading but not much chance to post. Even though DD is going into catered accommodation her food stock pile in increasing!!!
    I've been picking up last minute bits when I can as DD is still doing media stuff after winning the double gold. Haven't been buying anything without doing a full price check first to make sure I am getting the best for my money:D. I can't believe at one time I would have recklessly just purchased stuff, rather chuffed with how much my mindset has changed:A
    DD boyfriend never got chance to eat half the goodies I got in as extra and we never had the planned roast dinner so made that last night including an extra one for tonight and one for my mum. The rest of the goodies now packed in DD stuff to protect my waistline:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Got a real bargain last night -£10 worth of deli ham for 98p. Also got £5 worth for my mum for 48p.
    Right better shoot off to look for a frying pan and wok and then DD is ready:eek:
    Have a great day everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills