PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Sunday pleasures,

A blue sky, full of sunshine kind of day.

Drove through the tiny lanes of Cornwall to get to Harlyn Bay, an impressive stretch of golden sand.

Rock pooling and reliving my childhood. It was the number one occupation of us kids on beach holidays and woe betide our darling Dad if he took us to one with no rocks! Little dog joined in although the random jumping in didn’t help with the hunting for sea creatures :rotfl:

Picnic lunch in sheltered spot and treated ourselves to cuppa from small refreshment van as holiday cottage doesn’t have flask.

That slightly tight feeling to your skin when you have spent the day at the sea, despite suncream my freckles have freckles!

We all slept very well.
  • Broomstick
    Broomstick Posts: 1,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Morning all :)

I've had a busy and distracting few days.

Lainey, your holiday sounds quite wonderful.
    BoP, I still imagine you looking like Cutthroat Jake from Pugwash and the thought of Jake in gold Speedos doesn't bear thinking about!
    Villagelife, well done with getting your spuds and nematodes done. The other half of my spuds will go in later today if the rain holds off and the nematodes are getting watered in whatever the weather. Slugs are already way too numerous this year!

Various pleasures since I last posted:

1. Had our 6 monthly house inspection with friendly lettings agent and everything was fine and some minor repairs planned. House is spotless again and garden looks very respectable, trying to keep them that way!

2. Ton of stuff to CSs, recycling to the dump, old meds disposed of at chemist, Firefighters Charity clothes recycling bin added to etc etc. (all prior to house check).

3. Lots being done still at the allotment in between the rains. Yesterday, got the onions in (at last), some baby designer carrots sown between the rows and planted half the spuds too.

4. And yesterday, superstar DS2 removed the turf, cardboarded and woodchipped all the remaining main paths - it looks soooo different now. We both worked til dusk.

5. Lots of little chats between jobs with my nice allotment neighbour.

6. Have organised myself a reading plan from now to Sept - my course goes quiet for the next few months so I wanted to be sure that I use the time productively ie masses of reading. Just need to do it all now!

7. Good visit to my parents, even if I disrupted their supper.

8. Long hot bubbly bath followed by a very good sleep last night.

Have lovely Mondays everyone :)

B x
  • Broomstick wrote: »
    BoP, I still imagine you looking like Cutthroat Jake from Pugwash and the thought of Jake in gold Speedos doesn't bear thinking about!
    I take it no one wants to see the gold speedos!

V Weekend over with cocoa, proper drink non foamed and from Bournville, and hot buttered pikelet and marmite. Supper that you wanted last night but missed out. Watched some more comedians in cars drinking coffee last nite. Miranda Sings. Great take! Flix of Net!

4 Back at the mill where we have a spare shovel. IT peoples who’s last migration did not work,. Has their eyes set on another downgrade for us. Let me light the way as I burn their bridges! You wanders why they should be in the room with educationalists, Humane Remains, and Social Workers! Not that I has anything against them!

3 Mind you after last days dinner of Cottage Pie, BoPsie was getting a little excitable about what the pies were going to be! So they were very quickly made up yesterday morning, while she spent an hour in the bath! Mince, and onions, with carrots topped with a cheesy mash and chives! Perfect and two were frozen in the freezer. All ready for next week! The dotted spick that has served well the last few weeks is now just crumbs in the food bin! There were not many crumbs! That leaves a dilemma for the next pie for puds over the coming weeks! BoP is thinking an apple and black pie, as we cannot do crumbles at the moment because the dish is used for the Cottage Pies!

2 So I has set Raffles on Yellow Watch for the weekend. It is looking good for go! More details later in the week! BoP tour this week is down at the duck pools! Also we

Don’t let your intolerance blind you from intolerance.
  • 1) We went to the cinema to see 'The Gurnsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, such a delightful gentle and sweet film, much enjoyed by both of us.

2) Cup of tea and a piece of delicious carrot cake in M&S afterwards.

3) Lots of photos through the post of my Grandpickles and us from DD2, smiles and smiles and smiles!

4) Good chat with my lovely sister in law and promise of a get together for a film and supper when they're back from their hols at the end of May.

5) I'm having my Maisie dog for the afternoon on Wednesday as her mum has to do a first aid course straight after school, looking forward to very much indeed!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Let me find pleasures. There is a blocked toilet in main bathroom ...our visitor has blocked it with a huge poo! Trying all sorts of DIY methods but may have to get a plumber.

Aside from a poo in the loo

Lovely dog walk with Haggis and his ladies, it's been a few weeks since we've all walked. Sun was shining.

Made lentil soup.

Went round to the mother house. One kitchen work top cleaned. Two cupboards washed. It was covered with stuff! More out of date medicines taken to pharmacy, much out of date food chucked. She keeps saying she's not died a winter yet but it's so unsafe on so many levels. Anyway, another bag to add to the other 26 for charity tomorrow.

Made chicken fajitas for tea.

Nice chat with niece. She's coming here for her birthday tea tomorrow...I was supposed to be making a cake instead I've been elbow deep!

The boyo-s are out mountain biking!

Finished the book I started yesterday. A page turner.

Got my three builder quotes....from the third one who never even came near the house...Dear Mr & Mrs....dated 08/12/17... He most certainly will not be getting any business! I emailed the architect back to say and he too had noticed it and was disappointed. So I have to choose between two.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Quick pleasures for today as have gone tired!

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Tidied, sorted, Ebayed.

3) Hens well.

4) Picked bigger son up from college at lunchtime.

5) Took the roof off the porch then took half the height of the walls down! The immediate advantages are when you open the door of the house you could sunlight in your eyes, rather than squeezing through a mouldering, dark porch. Secondly, now it's not sticking out from the house, you can see for miles from the living room window!

6) Brother came up to "assess" the rat situation on the allotment.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    1. A good drive to work despite the heavy rain.

2. Not too busy at work but it was cold. So lots of coffee drunk to keep warm and the kitchen is a always hot.

3. Found out passports. They were in the suitcase.

4. DS2 cooked tea.

5. Read my book.
  • A Royal Flush mhags!

36 Years ago during Operation Corporate, XM 607 carried out Black Buck Mission 1. Boys became Men.

V Was part of it.

4 Far too much tax was paid today, but at least no TV Tax was collected.

3 Not mentioned the Lunch Box this week yet, but today it is again packed with proper foods and no carp! Salad, Red LieSter cheese, Bourneville and Salad. LieSter, because LieSter City that everyone kind of liked when they cheated and won the Premiership, actually went bust in 2002!

2 Nite, without any thought of gold trunks, BoP will be trimming his beach ready looks in the gym! On a side, 2DD. See we is short listed with your gaffer for Manager of the Month!

Just six weeks later, some recall the disappeared! It took another 18 months for democracy to return!
  • 1) Just back from a lovely windblown walk along the river with the Cookie Monster, was fab.

2) The scent of the river and the waves rushing up on to the beach with the wind, makes such a lovely noise.

3) The wisteria has suddenly popped purple flowers all over the village, no leaves yet just cascades of mauve froth, beautiful!

4) Being warm and not having to wear hat, scarf, gloves and a heavy jacket outside, sunshine all the way today!

5) 2 x lovely M & S blouses found in the charity shops this morning one for £1.49p and the other for £1.29p bargain!
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    After an evening/morning spent cleaning / scooping/ retching/ elbow deep a toilet it is finally clear !

Lovely morning. Lovely early dog walk.

Then round to mums for 8.30am to take bags down to front step. Then I was able to get in another cupboard and got another 5 bags worth! Sigh! Huge ironing done. More kitchen cupboards washed. Much very out of date stuff chucked. 2009 anyone? Some out of date stuff kept. Carpets hoovered and floors washed. Then outside for fresh air! 34 bags were taken away today.

Made a red velvet cake and meringues as requested for my niece. Her birthday and birthday tea at ours.

My friend from Australia phoned and we had a good chat. They are coming to visit UK and us in July! Hurrah!

Friend popped in to get some things I'd brought from mums . Had kept her a plate of party food for her tea...as I'm nice like that and had made a plateful for nephew in law! Who thinks I'm the greatest auntie in law ever!

Got a lovely RTC orchid.

Started a new library book.

Going to bed soon. Catch up on some iplayer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback