Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 2
    • TELLIT01
    • By TELLIT01 18th Jul 19, 9:40 PM
    • 6,804 Posts
    • 7,456 Thanks
    TELLIT01
    So would £30 sound reasonable?
    Originally posted by bp5678

No. Either do it for the cost of petrol and a couple of quid on top i.e. a tenner, or make an excuse for why you can't do it.
    • fifeken
    • By fifeken 19th Jul 19, 5:36 PM
    • 2,384 Posts
    • 1,239 Thanks
    fifeken
    OP: Have you decided yet?
    • zagfles
    • By zagfles 19th Jul 19, 6:54 PM
    • 14,347 Posts
    • 12,598 Thanks
    zagfles
    He's driving an Ibiza, not a Maserati!

OP, £6 for fuel, £4 for W&T, call it a tenner. Anything more is taking the pee. For £30 your 'friend' may as well use a mini cab.
    Originally posted by peachyprice
    You can get minicabs under £1 a mile? Cheapest round here are close to £2 a mile. The do airport discounts but still not far off £2 a mile.
    • redpete
    • By redpete 19th Jul 19, 8:40 PM
    • 4,355 Posts
    • 3,856 Thanks
    redpete
    To cover my costs (not just fuel) I'd ask for about 25p per mile.
    loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.
    • Larac
    • By Larac 19th Jul 19, 10:49 PM
    • 892 Posts
    • 574 Thanks
    Larac
    I'd consider it cheeky to ask a friend or aquaintance to pick me up at 3am! If they were good enough to do it, I'd certainly offer to cover their expenses.
    Originally posted by zagfles
    Have to agree - made it clear to my son that I was not getting involved in any transport to the airport at 3am in the morning for his recent holiday. If they can afford to go on holiday with three mates - can afford a taxi. Absolute killer if you then have to go on and work a normal working day - experienced that whilst he was doing a WW1 battlefields trip back in the day and need to be at the school for 3am!.
    • suejb2
    • By suejb2 20th Jul 19, 4:17 PM
    • 1,568 Posts
    • 2,361 Thanks
    suejb2
    Lift
    Don’t bother. Easier for them to get a taxi.
    You’re going to have to keep an eye on arrivals, without any delays probably need to leave at 2:30am pay to park up and wait, for them to go through luggage collection and customs then if they’re delayed!
    They decided that return flight time recommend a taxi.
    Life is like a bath, the longer you are in it the more wrinkly you become.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

43Posts Today

3,874Users online

Martin's Twitter