Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Todischoo
    • By Todischoo 31st Jan 19, 5:30 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Todischoo
    NVQ Advice needed
    • 31st Jan 19, 5:30 PM
    NVQ Advice needed 31st Jan 19 at 5:30 PM
    Hey everyone, I'm looking for some advice please.
    I enquired about enrolling on NVQs with my manager and she put me forward for it. However, at the time she told me not to mention to them that I have a degree because I would then need to pay for the NVQ. Stupidly I went along with it and when asked I said that I had a diploma.
    I feel dirty lying about it to be honest, but my main concern is that my plans of taking a Masters at the end of the year will be affected and that I wouldn't be eligible for student finance.
    I have literally just completed all of the initial assessments and have filled out the declaration today.
    My question is, do I have a cooling off period in which I can cancel the NVQ without facing a charge, and should I inform the assessor of my degree?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Page 1
    • Dobbibill
    • By Dobbibill 4th Feb 19, 8:27 PM
    • 3,560 Posts
    • 4,711 Thanks
    Dobbibill
    • 4th Feb 19, 8:27 PM
    • 4th Feb 19, 8:27 PM
    Can you not just pull out?
    Provide a basic 'due to circumstances, I am not able to commit to the course' type thing.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

39Posts Today

2,670Users online

Martin's Twitter