100,000s of EE broadband customers to be hit with price hikes from next month - MSE News

Comments

• Pluto88888
    Pluto88888 Posts: 65 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tofu_eater wrote: »
    Pluto 8888.Are you on the unlimited data plan from 3mobile then?Have you found it OK ?(I'm thinking of joining it)
    Does the 'data' 'slow down' or anything once you have got above a certain usage?
    (I'm actually not planning on ripping the !!!! out of it with downloading and streaming etc but worried about my data getting used up for doing important things)
    I agree - after having a bad experience recently with my provider where they won't deliver a good service but are insisting I am tied into a contract ,and,recently,reading through other stories about other providers,I am very disillusioned and thinking I don't trust any of them.
    There should be some regulation of the industry surely?
    Reading the stories about people who have agreed to a contract and then the provider puts prices up.Surely that can't be right??The price should stay the same for the contract ,it shouldn't only work one way round and then not the other.

Hello, I do find the speed is great getting around 70mb off-peak and peak time around 40mb.( depending on your area location)(FUP on Smarty and three UK is 1000gb a month)
    You best bet is to try Smarty unlimited £25 payandgo runs on the three UK network. if your happy with the speed and coverage head over to three sign up to the £20 a month with quidco cashback.

Yes I hate these companies using RPI and price increase each year they re taking us for a ride.
  • Tofu_eater
    Tofu_eater Posts: 86 Forumite
    Thank you so much for your advice Pluto8888 (love the name btw)
    I've just now signed up for the Smarty SIM card just now.
    As you suggested,I can try out using the same network as Three use and see how it.goes with no strings attached,possibly moving over to a more permanent cheaper contract with Three for data if it works ok for me.
    Unfortunately I will need to pay Plusnet over £100 to leave their contract now.I'm planning not to ever sign up with any of them ever again!
  • UsetheFORCE
    UsetheFORCE Posts: 688 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Love it when they raise the price mid contract..more ££'s for me. Another set of cash from top cashback or/AND company and/or a fantastic offer from a rival.

They give me a great chance to break contract penalty free!I have done it once within 3 months of joing BT and it COST them money, idiots!
    I have numerous qualifications in Business and Finance, Accountancy, Health and Safety and am now studying Law.

Don't rely on anything I write as it may be wrong!!!
  • Nebulous2
    Nebulous2 Posts: 5,104 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Love it when they raise the price mid contract..more ££'s for me. Another set of cash from top cashback or/AND company and/or a fantastic offer from a rival.

They give me a great chance to break contract penalty free!I have done it once within 3 months of joing BT and it COST them money, idiots!

Mine is going up from £26 to £28 but they will negotiate on that.

I'm not seeing any exciting offers to replace it. Like-for-like speedwise on BT is £35.99 and £29.99 setup with cashback from quidco or £29.99 and £9.99 on an affiliate offer. Both offers are providing some free tech equipment, but I'm not excited by any of it either.

There are a few 'rivals' I wouldn't touch.
  • mnbvcxz
    mnbvcxz Posts: 378 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Nebulous2 wrote: »

I'm not seeing any exciting offers to replace it.
    There are a few 'rivals' I wouldn't touch.

Well on the moneysavingexpert broadband page they mention Vodafone will do basic fibre for £21 a month with a £100 amazon voucher, or around £16 equivalent which is pretty good.

Plus.net have a deal around £24 a month with a £50 cashback cheque or possibly £70 topcashback.

Do post if anyone gets a good fibre offer from EE. It would be helpful to know how low they will go.
  • Yut_Man
    Yut_Man Posts: 139 Forumite
    Just got my letter. Been with them 3 years no problems but changing price mid term is a bit off. Good time to look else where and get a cashback deal. Currently pay£32 but they want a extra £2.
    Nowbroadband do the same package at £30 with a few extras but £90 cashback on a 12 month contract. Looking at other alternatives now.
    Once armed I will phone them and see if they can match the new offers I get. They increase the price I get a better deal. nice one EE.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    They tried to upsell me to fibre, then said the best they could do was to continue my £22.50 ADSL, despite them offering £20 ADSL to new customers on their website.

So I've moved to Plusnet, £2.50 a month cheaper, £75 cashback cheque.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/845ad1b0 Until Thu 23 May

'millsview' if you want to put me down as a referrer during the signup process :-)
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • veejay43
    veejay43 Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 May 2019 at 4:51PM
    I was leaving EE and going to the post office, EE rang me today and offered me a deal for £19 a month with anytime calls and 1,500 minutes to any mobile no, plus the £17 credit i was charged ,in my eyes wrongly for calls from my landline to my mobile when i was trying to locate, had been charged for 20 minutes of time,when i would only ring and ring off it wouldnt even ring for 20 minutes to get to the answer phone,so must have been wrong somewhere it, so i am happy for now
    Almost forgot to say i was offered fibre for £24 a month
  • nickcc
    nickcc Posts: 2,265 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    EE told me they don't do anytime calls when I phoned to cancel following their price increase email yesterday. Currently paying EE £29 for FTC broadband and evening and weekend calls, when I phoned to cancel they told me they could remove the increase and reduce my current charge to £27 per month. Just put through a switch to Now tv for FTC plus anytime calls for £25 per month. My average monthly bill is app £40 per month due to having to occasionally use the landline during the day so savings all round.
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    EE do a £4 and £8 / month call package last time I looked
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business