I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

Options

Comments

• Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Dgd has been sick twice in the last 40 minutes. So no school for the next two days!
    Baby didn't wake up until after DS was home so I didn't have to get up then. Only when Dgd shouted. I struggled not to be sick myself trying to clean up. I've squashed the duvet into the washing machine but I am not sure if it will have enough space for the water to clean it. I will deal with that again in an hour.
    I don't want to be awake yet!
    Perhaps a hypnosis tape to distract my mind would be better.
    Oh the joys of being a parent/granny!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Doctors next Monday.
    Just got to keep plodding today.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • hb2
    hb2 Posts: 1,398 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Mooloo, I empathise, being woken at 5am and having to cope with vomit is not the best start to the day! I hope that Gd is feeling better soon and that you are able to get on with some work while she rests.

I'm glad you have booked an appt with your GP, it will be good to ensure there are no unrecognised physical issues adding to the situation.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Mooloo wrote: »
    Dgd has been sick twice in the last 40 minutes. So no school for the next two days!
    Baby didn't wake up until after DS was home so I didn't have to get up then. Only when Dgd shouted. I struggled not to be sick myself trying to clean up. I've squashed the duvet into the washing machine but I am not sure if it will have enough space for the water to clean it. I will deal with that again in an hour.
    I don't want to be awake yet!
    Perhaps a hypnosis tape to distract my mind would be better.
    Oh the joys of being a parent/granny!

The joys indeed! I can understand how you must have struggled not to be sick yourself.
    I was sick from 4 weeks into each pregnancy and was still being sick during labour with all 4 offspring. It left me with a phobia re vomiting which has never gone away.
    Worst was firstborn 3 months old and me becoming pregnant with eldest dd , vomiting all day long and changing nappies , can still remember feeling like crawling into a hole and sobbing.

It wasn't until 2nd daughter was on the way years later I was given a name for the sickness ( Hyperemesis Gravidarum) I was told it normally passes after the first 12 weeks . It didn't with either middle or youngest either.

Not sure if DGD has eaten something that disagreed with her or has some sort of bug but if she is sick in bed regularly the answer is a waterproof duvet cover .

It doesn't need to be a plasticky hot one there are breathable , towelling versions . They go under the duvet cover and save the duvet from drink spills, vomiting or other accidents.
    Worth their weight in gold.

With youngest being on Methotrexate she is often sick so the duvet protectors are a must.
    She'd never had Norovirus until about a year ago but she's managed to pick that up 4 times over the year so a protector saves the duvet when she can't reach the sick bowl.

I'm glad you don't have too long a wait to see the Dr. Get him to check your neck, spine , shoulders etc as well as your overall health.
    Be open about the amount of stress you are under too.

I hope you manged some rest today and tonight you'll sleep through the night .

Was DGD given any revision for next weeks SATS? It's worth checking if she isn't looking better after the 48hrs. Usually it's just reading up on the various subjects they'll be checking over the 4 days but schools vary .

I'll have everything crossed for some positives from tomorrows meeting.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    Feel I was barely going through the motions today. DS asked me if I was alright this evening. I had to say no, he wanted to apologise for everything, and I said that it is not him as such, it's just wondering what the heck is next, and trying to get over one bombshell before the next hits.
    My friend came round for half an hour , she said she doesn't know how I cope with out antidepressants. She said hers only just make it a little easier but she knows that she couldn't get by at all otherwise. I feel today that I can sympathise with her. She did tell me a silly joke she read today that at least got me laughing.
    Dgd hasn't been sick since 8.30 this morning, gave her a light bite of pasta this evening, she is hungry again so I think she's on the mend. The duvet is nearly dry, but now the sofa covers need washing as the lad wet himself at tea time. The boys took ages to settle but at least tonight it was because they were playing and laughing together and not through Agro.
    The careworker was here earlier but I missed her. We still seem to have the same social worker, hoping that the new one starts soon.
    I am not part of the meeting tomorrow, and I am relieved although I would like to be a fly on the wall.
    I have sewing machines to collect and swap tomorrow, embroidery to do and I am still behind on the account and website , but I am struggling to be bothered with stuff at the moment.
    I can't even sum up excitement for the new log cabin I am getting, even though I have ordered and paid for it.
    I am going to try to sleep now.
    Here's hoping!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,271 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Just to give you a wee laugh.
    I could not even thread a needle tonight :o :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • pollyanna_26
    pollyanna_26 Posts: 4,839 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 7 May 2019 at 10:29PM
    Options
    That sounds like a better day Mooloo. Hopefully DGD will be ok for school tomorrow. It's good to hear the little ones have been playing together happily.

Speaking of friends are you still in contact with Molly and her dd? I often wonder how she is. I first noticed her over on the OS forum and I thought she had a wonderful signature. I know things were hard but she always had such a positive outlook through lifes ups and downs . Tell her she is remembered fondly by a lot of us OSers.

I agree with your friend re discussing meds with your doctor. Sometimes a short course can make a difference and give the space to pick up the reins once more.

For now I would say just do the absolute priorities until things are more level and you have more energy.

I'd love to see a pic of your log cabin but that can wait until times are easier.

Sleep tight

pollyx

ETA You sound like me Beanie I struggle from time to time can't work out if it's my eyes or fibro fog but it even happens with self threading needles at times.
    X
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.

There but for fortune go you and I.
  • *max*
    *max* Posts: 3,208 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    DGD has been missing so much school, it's like every other day she has something wrong and you keep her home. Her attendance record must be appalling.

Is it at all possible that she's faking it? It's easy enough to fake being sick as in throwing up a couple of times. She seems to have an awful lot of "one day" illnesses, almost every other school day, and she knows at the first inkling you will keep her home from school. I'm worried she's manipulating you into keeping her home, because she's deeply troubled by all that's going on in her life.I think she needs to talk to someone, a professional. Books aren't going to cut it in her situation.
  • Savvy_sewing
    Options
    *max* wrote: »
    DGD has been missing so much school, it's like every other day she has something wrong and you keep her home. Her attendance record must be appalling.

Is it at all possible that she's faking it? It's easy enough to fake being sick as in throwing up a couple of times. She seems to have an awful lot of "one day" illnesses, almost every other school day, and she knows at the first inkling you will keep her home from school. I'm worried she's manipulating you into keeping her home, because she's deeply troubled by all that's going on in her life.I think she needs to talk to someone, a professional. Books aren't going to cut it in her situation.

She gets tonsillitis a lot and it has impacted on her school. The sickness bug is doing it's rounds, her teacher had it and was also off. Personally I would send her back to school today but the schools policy is she has to be 48hours after the last bout. So she cannot go until tomorrow. Whether I want her to or not.

I send her to school as much as possible, they call me to go and get her, I cannot win.

I am very concerned that she is not going to pass her SATs and very concerned about her mental health, as some of you are pointing out. Appointments take months to get to CHams. I cannot make that happen any sooner than they say.

I am doing my best.
    I am not blind, or stupid, I am well aware that we are all affected by this at the moment.
    I can only do what I think best and that may not be making enough miracles for some people, but I know that I am doing my best and adding guilt to the mix will not do any more favours to my mental health either.
    There are currently things going on that I cannot comment on that are taking their toll on everyone, from my Mum down through the hole family.
    I can only tell my story, and not everyone else's, and I have to omit some of it to be fair.
    Your only seeing the tip of the iceberg at the moment.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure