PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

Options

Comments

• NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ianto1968 wrote: »
    I disagree with banks getting PPI claim money back off anyone. They miss sold it in the first place, received commission on it and were insolvent themselves 2008.

Seems very odd the law only includes PPI reclaimed money and no other windfall.

Although you seem quite happy to default yourself and not pay your debts.
  • Ianto1968
    Options
    I had to sell my house in a divorce settlement in 2002. Paid house in full. Paid her off and left with not a lot. The PPI in my claim was from a loan in 1993. Paid back in full along with PPI. I was discharged from bankruptcy 2004.
    Banks admit miss selling and I bought a miss sold product. They keep a lot of this ppi money set aside to repay the CONSUMER.
    Only my opinion so not getting personal.
    It affects all bankruptcies.
  • NCC-1701
    NCC-1701 Posts: 530 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had to sell my house in a divorce settlement in 2002. Paid house in full. Paid her off and left with not a lot. The PPI in my claim was from a loan in 1993. Paid back in full along with PPI. I was discharged from bankruptcy 2004.
    Banks admit miss selling and I bought a miss sold product. They keep a lot of this ppi money set aside to repay the CONSUMER.
    Only my opinion so not getting personal.
    It affects all bankruptcies.

Your domestics aside if you had paid the loan back in full you would have had the PPI money returned to you in full had you lodged a successful complaint. Who is this CONSUMER that was paid?
  • Ianto1968
    Options
    Consumer is the buyer of the miss sold product.

I'll agree to disagree.

Thanks for the flip side though 👍
  • Baksho123
    Options
    Does anyone know who to contact if you had a loan with HFC bank, I had one back in 2005, I have contact HSBC who claim they cannot find any details.
  • Ianto1968
    Options
    Loan was repaid in full. Have letter of Bank of Scotland confirming same. So I actually agree with you, as I'd paid in full I should indeed have it returned for me .

Thanks very much 👍 lol
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    was discharged from bankruptcy 2004.
    as I'd paid in full I should indeed have it returned for me .
    You do realise that PPI redress is a pre-bankruptcy asset which belongs to the Official Receiver and so is no longer your concern ?

If you were now to complain in conjunction with the OR about your PPI, you could still ensure that any redress (should it be awarded) goes to the correct recipients. These are your former creditors which you failed to pay when you went Bankrupt.

Otherwise, as you say, the Bank gets to "keep" the redress.

Sorry.
  • Ianto1968
    Options
    Only question I have left is why the new law 2017 only covers PPI? Just seems very odd.
  • Nenen
    Nenen Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    We had several old loans, mortgage and credit cards going back to the 90s, many of which we think included mis-sold PPI. I keep reading on here about how easy reclaiming PPI is but we are struggling to the point of considering giving up or handing it all over to an agency. I know this means we will lose 20 -25% of any payout but at the moment we stand to lose 100%! Before we go down this route, can anyone help with the following please...

Our problems are:

1. We don’t have much info on most of the credit agreements so need to find out if they included PPI. I used to think we were both reasonably intelligent but trying to get our heads round this is like knitting fog! We are both registered disabled with complex medical conditions and have very little energy to fight our way through all the information, let alone the barriers these big institutions use, eg Barclaycard do not provide an email address and their ‘contact us’ form on their website will not accept enough characters to send them the template letter Martin advises to ask for info on any ppi in our credit agreement. We just spent 40 mins to Barclays Indian call centre getting absolutely nowhere with a lady who couldn’t understand what we were asking for and who said she couldn’t even give us an email address for Barclays. A google search hit a brick wall too ! Sending snail mail is an option but obviously slow and time is of the essence! Does anyone have an email address for all the institutions such as: Barclaycard, Barclays Bank, Halifax, Lloyds, C&G, Capital One, or should we just request the info by snail mail?

2. Assuming we manage to request this info, they have 30 days to respond which obviously takes us over the 29th August deadline. I read Martins comments that some financial institutions will take the enquiry as the first stage of the complaint but is there really any point contacting ones not on Martins list as surely they will just prevaricate to prevent having to pay?

3. Can anyone recommend an agency to help us sort this mess out which is thorough, helpful and has reasonable charges?

Many thanks for reading.
    “A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.”
    (Tim Cahill)
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just go straight to Barclays or whoevers website and submit a complaint on their site.
    Be advised however,they may have destroyed records in accordance with FSA regulations.
    If you make a spurious complaint, don't worry about it, in your case you haven't got time to mess around.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback