Hotels in London

My family will be in London for a few days in December. We are looking for a cheap hotel with a car park and close to a Tube station as we intend to use the Tube for getting around.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I'm Glad to be here... At my age I'm glad to be anywhere!!
I'm not losing my hair... I'm getting more head!!

Comments

• gwynlas
    gwynlas Posts: 1,653
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Premier Inn have some hotels with car parks near tube stations though these are in the suburbs. You would need to state where you are travelling from to find most obvious.
  • coolagarry
    coolagarry Posts: 1,261
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi Gwynlas. I'm travelling from Birmingham.
    I'm Glad to be here... At my age I'm glad to be anywhere!!
    I'm not losing my hair... I'm getting more head!!
  • gwynlas
    gwynlas Posts: 1,653
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Check out both Premier Inn and Travelodge around North Circular with the dates you require. Some have free parking others chargeable parking. Decide how many rooms you need. Check tfl website regarding travel zones and times to central London. Mileage is irrelevant on underground as some trains have fewer stops therefore quicker overall.
  • annabanana82
    annabanana82 Posts: 2,986
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have just booked Premier inn at Hayes and Harlington, last minute ish it was £95 for 2 nights. It's 10 minutes walk from the train station and with a rail card an off peak travel card for 2 adults and 3 children is just under £25. I think it's about a 25 minute journey into Paddington. Car parking at the PI is £5 per night
    Make £2023 in 2023 (#36) £3479.30/£2023

Make £2024 in 2024...
  • Nowadays my bank puts up all but the most senior people in the Premier Inn near the office. I’ve used one before and they are always pretty nice. Very good beds, clean, polite staff, and good breakfasts.

You of course may be a little bit unlucky with noise, so the only advice that I’d give is to take some earplugs, just in case.

Always a good idea to take a couple of teabags or a couple or sachets of coffee too.
  • tower
    tower Posts: 264
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Stayed at Harrow premier inn (Kenton) which is near the M1. About 25 mins into London by Tube.You have pay for parking, I thinks it’s about £5 for guests. It’s 2 stops from Wembley if your fancy a tour and there is a retail outlet centre there now for shopping.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure