Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • jellybaby1968
    • By jellybaby1968 15th Aug 19, 10:45 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 4Thanks
    jellybaby1968
    Refund of Postage for Seller Error...
    • 15th Aug 19, 10:45 AM
    Refund of Postage for Seller Error... 15th Aug 19 at 10:45 AM
    We bought an item off ebay a couple of weeks ago. It arrived no problem and all was fine.

The next day, however, a parcel of similar size and weight arrived… And lo and behold it was the exact same item again! We only wanted and ordered one and we were only charged for one.

The item had a value of £30 and so we felt the best, and honest, option was to contact the seller and offer to return it to them. We stated that we’d send it via Collect+ tracked at a cost of £3.99. They were fine with this and stated that an error in communication their end had resulted in the second item being sent. They also said they would refund the cost of returning it.

The parcel has reached them but there is no sign of a refund! On contacting them about this they said something about their ebay account possibly being “suspended” if they actioned a refund. I think this is nonsense! They did offer 10% off any item in their ebay store BUT we don’t want anything else from the store. We suggested that all they need to do is use PayPal and an email address.

Since the PayPal suggestion we have not heard from the seller and no refund has been made. Yes, we realise this is only £3.99, but at the end of the day we were honest, quickly returned the item and are now out of pocket.

Does anyone know if this is a grievance that ebay can help us with?
Page 1
    • ballisticbrian
    • By ballisticbrian 15th Aug 19, 11:25 AM
    • 3,722 Posts
    • 2,088 Thanks
    ballisticbrian
    • 15th Aug 19, 11:25 AM
    • 15th Aug 19, 11:25 AM
    Personally, if I was treated with such contempt by the seller for your generosity, I would open a case for the original item, importantly must be for the reason "not as described", and you want a return for refund and if the seller questions this, the item ended up costing you a further £3.99 than expected.
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
    • jellybaby1968
    • By jellybaby1968 15th Aug 19, 11:31 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    jellybaby1968
    • 15th Aug 19, 11:31 AM
    • 15th Aug 19, 11:31 AM
    Thank you for your response... So far we have been polite with the seller! We will make one last attempt to close the issue and will this time say that we'll refer the matter to ebay if we get no joy!
    • soolin
    • By soolin 15th Aug 19, 12:20 PM
    • 62,450 Posts
    • 44,883 Thanks
    soolin
    • 15th Aug 19, 12:20 PM
    • 15th Aug 19, 12:20 PM
    Thank you for your response... So far we have been polite with the seller! We will make one last attempt to close the issue and will this time say that we'll refer the matter to ebay if we get no joy!
    Originally posted by jellybaby1968
    No, there is nothing you can raise with eBay. All you can do is as ballisticbrian says and try and get the sellers attention that way.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,794Posts Today

6,171Users online

Martin's Twitter