Barclays / Woolwich Mortgage

Hi,
Probably a silly question but never had a mortgage before and just wondered what the procedure is here....

I took out a 5 year fixed deal in November 2013 which obviously comes to and end later this year. When will Barclays / Woolwich write to me regarding this, and is this when I get their offers of existing customer mortgages etc?

Also, if this is the case, and I want to stay with Barclays on one of the deals they are offering, is it literally the case of ringing them up to confirm what deal I would like to be put on?

Apologies if these are stupid questions, just would like to know for future reference.

Comments

• amnblog
    amnblog Posts: 12,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    You can secure a rate 3 month before the current one ends.

They will write to you but you don't have to wait for that.

You can make the change online (although I have yet to find anyone who can navigate their system)

You can discuss in Branch or call them if you value neither your time nor your sanity.

Or you can deal through a Broker.

We handle them regularly and can work via post or email as will most Brokers.
    I am a Mortgage Broker

You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Broker, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice.
  • MF2015
    MF2015 Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    We will be going through the process next week after giving up with First Direct.

You can reserve the rate 3 months before and do it online if no changes are been made.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure