Monzo Users

Options

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ozaz wrote: »
    What are your use cases for Revolut alongside Monzo and Starling? I have a Monzo and Revolut account but I!!!8217;ve never really made use of Revolut. Have now forgotten why I signed up for it in the first place.

The friends I travel with have Revolut (as it was the first type of this card) so its easy to quickly transfer funds when splitting a bill or ticket. Also it shows the exchange rate of most currencies live and you can also trade virtual currencies, I have a save the change which automatically buys bitcoin.

There were a few shops in the U.S. that I struggled with Monzo- such as ordering a pizza delivery that Revolut always sailed through.

Since the accounts were all free it's daft not to take full advantage.
  • eDicky
    eDicky Posts: 6,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    ozaz wrote: »
    What are your use cases for Revolut alongside Monzo and Starling? I have a Monzo and Revolut account but I’ve never really made use of Revolut. Have now forgotten why I signed up for it in the first place.
    For travelling and keeping your money in pounds, converting at the ideal rates as you spend or withdraw, Starling and Monzo are perfect.

Revolut does this and a lot more - for receiving and sending funds in various currencies with zero fees, converting them at the perfect interbank rate, etc etc, even if on an occasional basis it's something very handy to have in reserve. Just be sure to familiarise yourself with how it works, to avoid mistakes.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • ozaz
    ozaz Posts: 315 Forumite
    Options
    eDicky wrote: »
    Revolut does this and a lot more - for receiving and sending funds in various currencies with zero fees, converting them at the perfect interbank rate, etc etc, even if on an occasional basis it's something very handy to have in reserve. Just be sure to familiarise yourself with how it works, to avoid mistakes.

The etc etc (by which I assume you mean features on top of what you mentioned) requires a Premium subscription though, doesn't it?

Zero fee transfers on the free account is good though. Didn't realize it had that. I'd been assuming the cost of transfers via Revolut was no cheaper than Transferwise (which is what I've been using).
  • venomx
    venomx Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm new to monzo but loving it so far, so simple and quick.

Just one question, will i be able to receive my benefit into my monzo account ( via bank transfer )

Thanks
  • worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    venomx wrote: »
    I'm new to monzo but loving it so far, so simple and quick.

Just one question, will i be able to receive my benefit into my monzo account ( via bank transfer )

Thanks

If you can have it paid into a bank then yes, just supply your sort code and account number.
  • venomx
    Options
    Fair enough was just making sure. Because it’s a new bank I wasn’t sure if it accepts bank transfers from everywhere like a mainstream bank like hsbc Barclays etc
  • lolcaz
    lolcaz Posts: 38 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    They've now got IFTTT support if that's something you're into.
  • ozaz
    Options
    venomx wrote: »
    Signed up yesterday and got my card this morning, great service too via the live chat etc.

Anyone else with Monzo, any tips for a newbie ?

Thanks

Follow the Monzo 101 section of the blog, https://monzo.com/blog/monzo-101/

The user community is very good, https://community.monzo.com

If you’re interested in what features are coming soon, keep an eye on this page - https://monzo.com/makingmonzo , and follow the Making Monzo Twitter account - https://mobile.twitter.com/makingmonzo?lang=en
  • ozaz
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Get the app for the Monzo community.
    What’s the app for the community?
  • venomx
    Options
    You guys thoughts on Monzo ?