PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Mumof2 hugs xx

ATB, I have VAT visits, normally they last for two days, every three years or so, they just sit there and go through everything, I am normally sent a list of what they want to see in advance, and put it in a box for them, (previous years accounts etc) recent visits, about 6 six years ago they found nothing.......3 years ago I hadn't claimed 0.63p ! a complete waste of time for two people for two days, but hey ho, they need to do these things. I wish they would go after the bad businesses and scam businesses..........

Work done
    Dinner done
    OH on a train from Manchester back to MK, so he should be home about 8pm
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Thanks again for all the hugs. Today Z has said she feels better from talking about stuff and she has been to the GP who gave her the phone number for some form of counselling she can easily access. She has also chatted to Stephen, our minister and he really helped so let's hope we are over the worse now.

Flying wise, I picked up in here a bit before Stephen came and there is a load of washing in the machine ready for me to take out and hang up. I have been working on and off all day though apart from when I fell asleep on the sofa with Whiz Whippet.
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • froddington
    froddington Posts: 6,697 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Evening!

Mumof2 - huge hugs for all of you; I'm glad things are looking up this evening xx

LW - congrats on the re-licence! x :T

atb - hugs for you too x

Kitchen looks good here (well, better than it has in a while :o). Have WUALTD, WM x1, and popped to Mr A for a couple of bits too. Also trying to sort out where a microwave has gone that should have been delivered to Dad yesterday :mad:

Got a phone call earlier asking me to do 3 more days supply this month which I have agreed to as I know the classes well. So, I'm working tomorrow morning and all day Friday this week. :money:
    "There's only one way of life and that's your own" - Levellers

"I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night" - Bon Jovi
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    My stomach hurts.. Twinkle is being a turd.. Squeak and Dot have been turds at ice skating and both having a sulk. Pixie was in bed super early and asleep before I even got upstairs to kiss her goodnight.

DD3's wall sanded and refillered
    TD on again

I am hungry and we have nothing in that I dare attempt to eat.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,296 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all

My boss seems to be not speaking to me unless absolutely necessary. I have no idea why. We spent 5 hours in the same room today and exchanged about 4 sentences. If he wants to behave like a 4 year old that's fine, it was quite peaceful.

Job no.2 was manic, didn't get there last week because of the snow and all the paperwork is all in a mess. I love a challenge.

Good gym class done, tea eaten, feet up now. Really nothing that Wednesday can bring that will surprise me.

Ooh and I did give the bath a good scrub while I was in it!
  • lauradora
    lauradora Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Thats me done for the day, feet up in front of netflix now :)

Triffic Tuesday

Bathroom blitz....

Are you ready Steve?. Uh uh, Andy? Yeah Mick? Okay alright fellas...

Let's goooooooo

Level one

[STRIKE]Open windows[/STRIKE]
    Remove rubbish
    Take toothglass downstairs for washing
    [STRIKE]Remove towels
    [/STRIKE]
    Level 2
    [STRIKE]Scrub bath[/STRIKE]/ shower and don't forget screen and taps
    Polish taps with mf cloth
    [STRIKE]Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Wipe outside if loo with cloth[/STRIKE]
    Put loo cloth in wm

Level 3
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Extras
    Remove fly corpses from light fitting
    Clean pelmets and skirting and any dust traps
    [STRIKE]Do something nice for those you love - bake a cake...or a batch of Twinks
    Work on one (at least) of your challenges...MAD half hour![/STRIKE]
    On a mission
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Jumping in on the day 2. Done most of the kitchen caught up on the washing up with Ds2. Tidied and cleared a fair bit. I will do the bathroom when I go for my shower. Leave at 6 tomorrow as business network meeting starts at 7 so need some shut eye. Got only tomorrow to finish vAT return so going to do some while my hair dries !!!128542;

Lost another 2.5lb Monday weigh in so that is better

Sending hugs and spoons where needed XX
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • lynnejk
    lynnejk Posts: 5,732 Forumite
    Rampant Recycler Debt-free and Proud!
    Evening all

Hugs all round and big squishy ones for Mumof2 and ATB

Well done on the sprouts MadamMim - they always seem to take ages

Sounds like you're getting organised FBO. Hope you have luck with finding the rest at a reasonable price and get suppliers sorted.

Dailies and Spanish lesson done
    Hoovered right through, mats shaken and banged.
    Shopping done Al*i, checked and PA
    Fridge fling and tidy
    Freezer shuffle

One hour 'me' time today. Hair wash and condition, long, bubbly bath and generous body cream afterwards - loverly juberly.

If it's gone I've done it or we don't have one

Magnificent Monday - Kitchen and dining room
    Clean oven and hob

Triffic TuesdayBathroom blitz....
    Remove towels
    Scrub bath/ shower and don't forget screen and taps
    Polish taps with mf cloth
    Wipe Bath panel
    Douse loo in loo cleaner
    Scrub out loo
    Wipe outside if loo with cloth
    Put loo cloth in wm
    Scrub sink
    Wipe/polish any cabinets
    Polish sink taps
    Vacuum/ mop floor
    Put out clean towels

Wednesday - Beautiful Bedroom
    strip the bed
    make bed
    extras
    S&S kitchen and bathroom
    MAD half hour - challenge time

Sticks and spoons for all needing some
    Hope you all have a great Wednesday
    Lx
    £10day.2014=3213/2015=3421/2016=3238/2017=2702/2018=498..APR=12.03/300
    GrocC.2014=2162/2015=2083/2016=218/2017=1996/2018=450..APR=17.13/200
    Bulk buy.......APR=233.76
    GC.NSD..2015=216/2016=213/2017=229/2018=39..APR=03/15
    SPC130:staradminx61..2014=1178/2015=1287/2016=4616/2017=3843
    OS WL= -2/8 ......CC =00......Savings = £13,140
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Oh well....I'm in the wrong...again.

Apparently it's OK to shout and take it out on me because DSS has organised to be out on his birthday, despite me reminding DH to get in touch weeks ago (and every other day since then) to sort out getting together. I've been pressured into cancelling a mums' night out to accommodate a possible, but now, unlikely family gathering in Sussex, been called selfish for reminding DH that Small has a birthday party on Sunday back here that he would like to go to, been called lazy for not rushing to get him a G&T after he got back in from his pie and pint evening with mates and generally treated like rubbish for daring to go for a bath when the TV controller was confiscated and football was yet again switched on for our enjoyment.

I'm not liking my husband tonight.
  • [frowns]

Himself was asked at the last minute to fill in for somebody at a gig. I did ask about the band, but he said 'just the usual, nothing spectacular about it'. I was going to go, but after a full day of work and my meds injection, I didn't feel up to it as he didn't tell me where it was until after I'd walked home - when I'd said I'd need to know before I left work so I could just go straight up and meet him. He then messaged just before 7 to say he's performing at x venue and he has no battery left on his phone.

Just aimlessly perusing FB out of boredom and somebody from the band has tagged him.

She's a drop dead gorgeous burlesque performer who does aerial work in practically nothing on stage except for glitter and spangles.

Nothing spectacular, eh?

So whilst he's off towards the end of next week (and leaving me to deal with the exhaustion of working overtime all week, about 14 hour days are expected), I've messaged an old mate and sorted out going to visit him at some point over the weekend.

Himself's always saying I should get somebody to go out with if I'm bored. Fine. I'm not exhausting myself further by helping with load in at stupid o'clock Saturday morning, being stuck in the van for 10 hours in the cold, teching for them, pretty much doing load out with limited assistance, dealing with their stresses and strops, then loading back here at OMG o'clock the following morning, then travelling back home and then cleaning the sodding kitchen so I can have something to eat before going back to work the next morning. He can do his own donkey work with the band rather than get me doing my professional occupation for free and I'll go and chat, laugh and relax with the one male friend I have that he was always a bit jealous of.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family