Finding right girl

I am 27 (28 next year)

I don’t know why but I am getting really bored of going out clubbing/getting drunk every week (My work friend keep persuading me & my mate to go & say I won’t find a girl if I don’t go) & asks what’s up when I don’t wanna go drinking...

I would rather do something else E.G cinema/bowling....

I feel that when I go clubbing most of the girls are 18-23 and not ready to settle down... I hardly see any single girls my ages when I am out... most don’t go clubbing anymore

So is it weird that I am starting to get bored of clubbing....

Also on dating sites lately all the girls that are interested in me are super fit\have children... usally find out when talk to them...

Why is this. Not read to have children yet

Comments

• hazyjo
    hazyjo Posts: 15,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You need some new mates!

Why would it be weird you're bored of clubbing? Do you think people do it until their 30s, 40s, 50s, etc? I love to dance but haven't been clubbing for donkey's years - unless you count the Christmas Party and the odd wedding, etc.

Try going along to a mixed singles night or something. They may be doing an activity of sorts. Or just go on casual dates and choose bowling, etc. Nothing needs to be mega-serious from day one. You can usually choose on profiles whether the person you're looking for has kids, etc, unless you're doing the whole casual swipe left/right sort of thing lol. Be honest on your profile.
    2023 wins: *must start comping again!*
  • GTR_King
    GTR_King Posts: 1,793 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 1 October 2017 at 12:50AM
    Thanks for the reply...

I do enjoy the odd night out or Dancing at wedding etc

I prefer going to the pub for some food & drink, or off out to a trance music concert/festival (not been to one yet)

You could say that one of them I work with & he kept asking everyone to go out drinking with him, (He giving up ask them as they just say no) that’s what I am gonna do

Where I live haven’t seen much of mixed singles nights but will look.

All my other friends would rarther thrash me on FIFA or try to kill me on GTA or go out for a meal (Most have got girlfriends/wife’s & kids)
  • FBaby
    FBaby Posts: 18,367 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Are you involved in any activities that don't involve drinking? That's usually the best way to meet interesting people with who you can have a meaningful conversation hence getting to know them better.
  • jackieblack
    jackieblack Posts: 10,314 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    GTR_King wrote: »
    I am 27 (28 next year)

I don’t know why but I am getting really bored of going out clubbing/getting drunk every week
    It's called growing up/maturing
    (My work friend keep persuading me & my mate to go & say I won’t find a girl if I don’t go) & asks what’s up when I don’t wanna go drinking...

I would rather do something else E.G cinema/bowling....
    Ignore your work friend. He sounds like an idiot.
    I feel that when I go clubbing most of the girls are 18-23 and not ready to settle down... I hardly see any single girls my ages when I am out... most don’t go clubbing anymore
    Girls mature earlier than blokes, generally. You're playing catch up.
    So is it weird that I am starting to get bored of clubbing....
    Not at all.
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter, south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
    MFW #4 OPs (offset): 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33, 2020 £1337.07,
    2021 £1250.00, 2022 £1500.00, 2023 £1500
    Target for 2024 (offset) = £1200, YTD £345
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    If you like trance music (I have no idea what that is) and have never been to a trance festival, you should take yourself off to one. Mind you, it's getting a bit nippy so you might have to wait for next year. What else do you like doing?
  • GTR_King
    edited 1 October 2017 at 8:15AM
    I usally swim 3-5 times a week my local pool (50 lengths) then sit in steam room\Sauna afterwards.... usally go in evening, sometime at the weekend... I do watch football but that’s every week (Some weeks Ipswich play away)
    chesky wrote: »
    If you like trance music (I have no idea what that is)

Tiesto/Armin Van Burren is some artist that play that kind of music
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 1 October 2017 at 8:35AM
    I'd say you are looking in the wrong places. If you find a girl in a club you already know she is someone who likes to party / get drunk etc. That's probably not the type of girl you want by the sounds of it. Either she would want you to carry on that scene with her, or go by herself and you would be on your own worried what she is getting up to!
    Why not try internet dating? Ensure you use a nice site aimed at relationships, not just hook ups! Its not that cringy. I met my husband this way. At least you already know girls on there are looking for a relationship and you can find out basic details before you meet in order to rule out thing you don't find compatible.
  • GTR_King
    edited 1 October 2017 at 9:05AM
    I am on POF,tinder,OkCupid & Match.com etc

You are 100% right don’t want a party girl (Don’t mind her going out once in awhile etc but not every weekend)
  • BrassicWoman
    BrassicWoman Posts: 3,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Try dating women, not girls.
    2021 GC £1365.71/ £2400
  • You are 27. Why the need for a girlfriend? You have so much life ahead of you. I'm near your age and really am not bothered. Most people I meet have children etc. and I don't want that either. My attitude is, if I stop looking and am happy being on my own, that's when someone will more likely come along.
    Also, if you don't want to (note: I didn't write "wanna") then don't go out. You're an adult, not one is forcing you to.
    Join clubs such as running etc. Find out what is going on where you live.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure