Moving House, Renovations & OPs

Comments

• That's impressive coming so close with your overall budget for last month and fingers crossed for the tank survey.

Have a great weekend, it sounds like it will be very enjoyable.
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hope survey goes okay and everything progresses for you.
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • Thanks EatingTheElephant. Fingers? Maybe that should be our trunks and floppy ears crossed :D
    Thanks CathT. I'm slowly reading/scanning your diary, tis very long but a good read. It's great to see you here!

[STRIKE]Drink tea and play cards with bestie[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Besties birthday bbq - buy cheap booze and expensive (looking) present.[/STRIKE] had a lovely time on my own shopping and I hate shopping! Bestie got a reduced to £6 Yan..Candle and handmade earrings off a craft stall, these were 2for1 £5 so I kept a pair. Also got a cute handmade pebble card for £2. I also may have bought a pair of £10 shoes, but in all fairness, lady gotta have a pair of black flats. Booze was £5, DH had to drive so no booze for him. Had a lovely time at the BBQ catching up with people I hadn't seen since school.
    [STRIKE]Soap box derby - take packed lunch.[/STRIKE] £10 entrance & £2 WI cake for both. Thoroughly enjoyable day watching soap boxes run down the hill, tractor racing and kart thingies and Landrovers flying up the hill. All with the backdrop of the most glorious views of the countryside. A very British day out.
    [STRIKE]Car show for DH.[/STRIKE] he had an amazing time just him & his Dad.
    [STRIKE]List bag of stuffs on ebsy.[/STRIKE] Not all listed, it takes me sooo long.
    Tip a huge lot of garden waste. - nope, DHs back is blown for standing up for two days.
    Box up lounge books and ornaments. - err.. no ebsying took far more of my time than expected.

Superb weekend, hope you all had a great weekend too!
    "Why not now, OK so when and how," ElephantChunks.
    Electrics re-wire savings Oct 18 - March 2020 WE GOT ELECTRIC!
    Heating Loan Sept 0/£5000
    SPC14 #65
  • Forget to mention, last week I received my 1 year anniversary badge. _party_

At the beginning of 2016 we were in £7882 debt :eek:(new roof, boiler, 2nd hand car, wedding in the last 4years). This time last year we were at £6000. Today we have £1800 left to pay and a bit of savings towards it. In this time we also paid £2000 OPs on the mortgage from the lodger's rent. Kinda wish we paid that rent off the credit cards now but it all works out the same when we move. I'm just getting my thoughts written down to remind me how much we have achieved since the LBM. Not really sure if it was a LBM because I hated having debts but I guess it was necessary to get this house liveable and we received £22000 higher offer than what we paid for it 4 1/2 years ago. We are getting there. I must think of it as an investment but I never want the stress of debt ever again! Wish I started a diary earlier but here we are.

£10 received (after fees) from ebsy last Sunday. I have one item out of six getting some decent bids so I'm looking forward to that this Sunday.

Septic tank drainage survey happened today - awaiting results.........
    SPC14 #65
  • Viking_mfw
    Viking_mfw Posts: 569
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Congratulations on the anniversary :)
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Happy 1 year MSE-vary! :D

It's always lovely to look back and feel how much you've achieved. Shows that the changes you are making and your efforts are paying off- good job!
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • Jessy103
    Jessy103 Posts: 1,819
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Happy 1 year anniversary!!! Congratulations on doing so well!! action-smiley-033.gif
    Mortgage Balance as of Jan 24 £36,500 Starting Mortgage Balance (June 2019) £72,000. 2024 Overpayment Challenge: Jan £558.40, Feb £588.11, Mar £497.32
  • Hi Viking, welcome!

Still waiting.
    Taking my mind off things by doing SB surveys. 1042 SB in four days. 800 is £5 at the moment. I think that's quite good. It has taken hours though. They are enjoyable to do at the moment which I'm sure will wear off very soon.
    SPC14 #65
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,113
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Hi EC, my diary is rather long now, I've been around a while. Feel free to skim as I go round in circles with decision making!

When do you expect the survey results to back?
    Mar 2024 - part 1 - £31,656 part 2 - £25,019 Total - £56,675 44 months to go!
  • I'm still skimming it Cath, along with 4 others plus subscribed threads.

Yesterday! They said they would e-mail it to us within a few days plus post it to us which could take a week to be with us. Hoping for Monday now. I haven't seen one other house better than this one for the money, I so hope it can be this one and that we can move in the summer.
    SPC14 #65
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family