schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Can the RS be opened in the same phone call? TIA
  • YorkshireBoy
    YorkshireBoy Posts: 31,541 Forumite
    schiff wrote: »
    Can the RS be opened in the same phone call? TIA
    Isn't one of the pre-requisites of the regular saver that you have completed a switch?
  • bigadaj
    bigadaj Posts: 11,531 Forumite
    Isn't one of the pre-requisites of the regular saver that you have completed a switch?

Yes, I asked about both in my first call, they processed the switch and I then had to ring afterwards to set up the regular saver.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    I opened my joint A/c on the phone, long winded, and put the RS in wifes name,after she answered loads of questions, but set up internet banking in mine only.
    Just had to set up IB for wife to move RS to current A/c when it matures next month.
    I had to open A/c then RS afterwards.
    They are stringent.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,099 Forumite
    Initiated the switch today. Took 30 minutes and it requires intense concentration if your hearing is not 100%. Bewildered by the extent of the security with PIN, security info, password, etc and the irritating PASS device for online access (who carts one of those round all the time?).

This bit in the welcome letter about switching intrigues me:

'Once your account has been successfully transferred, you could receive a special 'thank you' from us (T&Cs apply)' - my emphasis. Is it the £100 gift-card or something else - a money off coupon for a M&S shop maybe?
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post

'Once your account has been successfully transferred, you could receive a special 'thank you' from us (T&Cs apply)' - my emphasis. Is it the £100 gift-card or something else - a money off coupon for a M&S shop maybe?

You need to switch two active direct debits to M&S to qualify. You could receive the gift-card but only once they've checked whether or not you meet the criteria.
  • joe134
    joe134 Posts: 3,336 Forumite
    edited 11 January 2017 at 9:23AM
    Initiated the switch today. Took 30 minutes and it requires intense concentration if your hearing is not 100%. Bewildered by the extent of the security with PIN, security info, password, etc and the irritating PASS device for online access (who carts one of those round all the time?).

Unlike Hsbc,who's running M/s 's bank , you need the Pass to log in every time , Hsbc allow you to log in without it, to do certain transactions, and view a/c.
    It's a good means of second Verification.
    If like me,You will only have it 12 months if you are taking their RS;)
  • Now £125 gift card up front, with £5 gift card added per month for a year.

I haven't got a suitable donor account at the moment, is it just a case of setting up a donor (or dummy account), setting up 2 x DD's (e.g. Tesco - are 2 x Tesco savings ok for this?) and then switching to M&S? or are there any other things to do before switching?
  • milton1970
    milton1970 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hoping someone can help - switched & got the initial gift card but confused on the additional monthly credits.

Do the credits get loaded onto the same card & how do you check they have been?

TIA
  • stoozie1
    stoozie1 Posts: 656 Forumite
    they text you to say they've topped it up. Mine was always the 15th of the month.
    Save 12 k in 2018 challenge member #79
    Target 2018: 24k Jan 2018- £560 April £2670
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family