NatWest / RBS

Options
Just asking. If you have received the cash incentive for switching to NatWest can you also switch an account to RBS and receive the cash incentive. I've completed and received the incentive from NatWest, and have been accepted for an account from RBS. At no point in the RBS application did it say I would not be eligible for their incentive. Guess I might just have to wait and see !!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• EarthBoy
    EarthBoy Posts: 3,040 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    It's hidden away, but on the RBS website it says:

We're sorry but if you've had cashback from NatWest between October 2017 and May 2018, you won't get it again.

https://www.beta.rbs.co.uk/personal/current-accounts/switch-your-bank-account-to-rbs.html#readytoswitch
  • Brewer20
    Brewer20 Posts: 395 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm waiting in anticipation of the very same thing. Now I've applied for the RBS account after getting a NatWest account, as the T&C's suggest above you don't qualify if you have already taken advantage between Oct 17 and May 18. I applied after that date in June, could be interesting if they haven't realised and updated the T&C's
    They could get a few like me who say, well that doesn't apply to me, I never had the incentives paid out to me between those dates. Only time will tell.

RBS seem a little slow at opening this account for me, maybe they are checking the systems, NatWest on the otherhand were pretty swift at giving me the account, all up and running in 2 days
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure