Barclays Pin-Sentry

Options
I requested one on Tuesday, how long do they usually take to arrive ?
Thanks
:beer::j

Comments

• soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 June 2018 at 11:05AM
    Options
    5 days ish. You can use other card readers in the meantime - Tesco, Nationwide, Nat West etc. (not digikeys like First Direct, M&S, Clydesdale, York Bank).
    Or you can use phone banking.
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Or if you have the Barclays app on your smartphone you can use the digital pinsentry instead it is in the app

by the way I am happy to be proved wrong but I was told by customer service you could not use card readers from other banks but I didn't really believe them at the time but can't confirm either way as I haven't tried it
  • Flobberchops
    Flobberchops Posts: 1,279 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    3-5 working days. As I understand it they're posted on the same or next day the request is made, then it's standard 2nd class post timescales.

If you have a fully activated installation of Barclays Mobile Banking then you'll have the Mobile PINsentry function which will generate the same code to access Online Banking.

I've heard other banks card readers may work, but likewise that's something I've never had the opportunity or inclination to test.
    : )
  • soulsaver
    soulsaver Posts: 5,974 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can use other card readers - personal experience - I set up a new payee with a Tesco reader, 2 minutes after ordering Barclays' 'pins entry'.

Why did I bother to order one then? Well with some banks you have to order one to enable the process... and this may be the case with Barclays.
  • venomx
    venomx Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 14 June 2018 at 4:43PM
    Options
    18cc wrote: »
    Or if you have the Barclays app on your smartphone you can use the digital pinsentry instead it is in the app

by the way I am happy to be proved wrong but I was told by customer service you could not use card readers from other banks but I didn't really believe them at the time but can't confirm either way as I haven't tried it

I just tried the App and you need a Pinsentry card reader for " Full Access "

I quote from the Barclays website " Mobile PINsentry gives you the same access to Online Banking as PINsentry. You can use it so long as you!!!8217;re registered for Online Banking and are already using PINsentry. If you!!!8217;re not, you can upgrade to PINsentry. "
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure what this means I have been using my mobile pinsentry to log onto internet banking and set up payees etc I don't have a real pinsentry machine never have had
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure