Lloyds package account bank charges

Options
Hi
I would be grateful for help. I raised a complaint to Lloyds about hefty package account charges and requested a refund but my complaint was rejected because time has passed as the account was opened in 2006 and closed in 2013. So the rule is I should have complained within 3 years of the closure of account and within 6 years of opening an account.
Does anyone has any other ideas and is this ruling correct about 6 years of opening an account and within 3 years of closing an account when you should lodge a complain.
Thanks.

Comments

• eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes, they're correct - a financial institution can reject a complaint like this more than six years after the alleged mis-selling took place or over three years since the complainant became aware that the account wasn't suitable (and by closing it you'd therefore be deemed to be aware).

The rules of the Financial Ombudsman Service mean that they'll automatically side with the bank if you refer a complaint that was correctly rejected on timebarring grounds, so you've run out of time and options I'm afraid....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure