MSE News: Sky to increase prices for some...

Comments

• freespirit
    freespirit Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    editor1 wrote: »
    If can't get chat to work online, try a different web browser first, open a chat link in two browsers and see if one connects, also, use this link from HotDealsUK< search thread for links supplied by seaniboy and one of therm is a link to Sky Chat India:https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/sky-broadband-incl-line-rental-11-retention-2904673?page=7#comment-33397326

I got BB & phone for £8.99 following these links.

Thanks for advice. I tried again today in 2 browsers. At first it tried to connect for 10 mins then said to try later and disconnected me. Managed to talk to Rajat in the end. I negotiated for about an hour. Best deal I could get was £5 off my line rental per month, free broadband would remain free, with a £2.50 admin fee added to my next bill. I said others were getting a better deal, but was told they didn't have the free broadband, and I couldn't be offered any better price than that, it wasn't possible.

At first I was offered £18.99 a month & free broadband, and I had to explain to them that I was paying £18 now..... erm, £18 is less than £18.99!!! :T wow! Anyway, main thing that worries me now is that topcashback for £70! I will be mighty miffed if I don't get that. Post Office was the cheapest deal I could have switched to, and it was £16.23 with reward factored in. Just realised that that doesn't include cashback. TCB of £52.50 for postoffice would have made that about £11.86 a month. So I'd better get my £70 cashback for SKY! Otherwise I've made the wrong choice! :mad:
  • gener8or
    gener8or Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Are you on Fibre or ADSL for £18.
    Im on UL Firbre but paying £25 for 18 months.
    My only get out will be the price of calls increasing.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 16 March 2018 at 2:56PM
    gener8or wrote: »
    Are you on Fibre or ADSL for £18.
    Im on UL Firbre but paying £25 for 18 months.
    My only get out will be the price of calls increasing.

If you're replying to @freespirit then they're on ADSL as the Post Office don't do fibre.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    If you're replying to @freespirit then they're on ADSL as the Post Office don't do fibre.

Don't they?

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone

They don't do FTTP, but then nor do a lot of other ISPs.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Don't they?

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/broadband-phone

They don't do FTTP, but then nor do a lot of other ISPs.

I stand corrected, I was basing it off the broadband unbundled tool which didn't list any Post Office fibre deals when I was looking earlier. Strangely they now do.
  • spenderdave
    spenderdave Posts: 673 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Despite closing my sky account a month ago, moving to BT, and having received the final balance refund and confirmation I had left, today they sent me an email saying my broadband was going up....
  • manutd99
    manutd99 Posts: 482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sorry to post an off topic post but not found any recent posts for Sky. As majority on here seems to be Sky customer thought Id ask here.

Anyone who currently have Sky recommend Sky? Currently only £20 per month for new customers for 17MB broadband.

Don't want an unreliable connection and constant dropouts so thought id ask before I consider joining them
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    manutd99 wrote: »
    Sorry to post an off topic post but not found any recent posts for Sky. As majority on here seems to be Sky customer thought Id ask here.

Anyone who currently have Sky recommend Sky? Currently only £20 per month for new customers for 17MB broadband.

Don't want an unreliable connection and constant dropouts so thought id ask before I consider joining them

Nothing between Sky and PlusNet in my humble opinion, as for joining Sky on a 20 quid a month contract, I'd say are you sure?

Have you checked latest cash back's via TopCashBack and Quidco?

I managed to get Sky BB, Line Rental and Anytime Call's extra for under 17 quid a month in January last year, they upped our costs, managed to get a price match deal for 21.99, they then increased my prices, so cancelled Sky - Sky then offered me effectively same cheap price as I paid last year, namely 16.99 - not the best deal available, but good enough for my elderly folks at a decent price point.

Further, Sky do seem able to deal with Open Reach or get engineers to deal with technical issues. Again, I place them up with PlusNet and far ahead of TalkTalk.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    manutd99 wrote: »

£80 quid cash back from TopCashBack and and £75 Mastercard spend from Sky, that's £155 that can be deducted from the price Sky are offering, which ain't bad as long as you get all cash back offers.
  • manutd99 wrote: »

The effective price for Sky ADSL is just £14.58, that's just including their £75 Master card and ignoring any Topcashback deals (which aren't guaranteed).

I've had their ADSL for 9 years straight and never had a problem in all of that time. Your actual speed will depend on your location to the exchange of course, I'm 0.5Km away in a straight line and get circa 19Mbps and the only time I've ever lost the service was purely due to work at the exchange.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure