Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• josie_ann57
    josie_ann57 Posts: 1,458
    First Anniversary
    Forumite
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    I decided to buy a new can opener today and got this one.

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-home-can-opener-130869960-p

Just used it and its rubbish! Kept going wonky on the can and didnt cut parts, I had to go round it a few times and the can was in a mess when I finally got it open.

Going to return it, can anyone recommend a decent can opener? I dont mind paying a bit more.

Home Bargains have a green & white one £1.99 (rrp £8 odd) and it has other functions as well. Seems to work well.:)
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Thought that was little bottles of Bombay Sapphire for a moment. :p

She drinks it as if it is :D
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    So I'm at the supermarket buying a bag of grain-free dog food. While in the check out line a lady behind me asked me if I had a dog. Why else would I be buying dog food, right! So being me, I told her no, I don't have a dog, I'm starting the Dog Food Diet again, and I probably shouldn't because last time I ended up in the hospital - but I did lose 50 lbs prior to waking up in the ICU with IV's and tubes in both ends. I also told her that it was a perfect diet because all I would have to do is load my pockets full of dog nuggets and eat 1 or 2 each time I was hungry. The nuggets are nutritionally complete so this why I want to try it again. (I have to mention that everyone in line behind us were completely enthralled with my story!). Horrified, she asked if I landed up in the hospital because the dog food poisoned me. I told her sarcastically NO, I stepped off of a curb to sniff a poodle and a car hit me. I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack from laughing so hard.
    Now that you've read this, I confess I copied and shared it. Now it's your turn to copy and share, make someone laugh today. We all could use a good laugh, lol !!
  • coreysnan
    coreysnan Posts: 94 Forumite
    edited 13 March 2018 at 8:59PM
    Hello everyone, sorry been awol for a very long time due to real life and a very serious car accident involving my son, been a very long road but 15 months on a slight normality is returning to my home. Sarah the marks on your sons back look like stretch marks, my son had these during growth spurts. They will fade in time to a paler colour. Bio oil is great. Take care everyone x
  • davemorton
    Forumite
    Arrgg!!! My asti one I wanted to get to under £20 comes in at£20.20...soooo close!!!

Also, question about APG's for those that use self service to put them in themselves please. Can you use more than one at a time, and wil it ask for a superviser if it goes over a certain amount, say a £17 and a £11 one? TIA
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    Forumite
    coreysnan wrote: »
    Hello everyone, sorry been swollen for a very long time due to real life and a very serious car accident involving my son, been a very long road but 15 months on a slight normality is returning to my home. Sarah the marks on your sons back look like stretch marks, my son had these during growth spurts. They will fade in time to a paler colour. Bio oil is great. Take care everyone x

Welcome home coreysnan :hello:

Hope your son is ok
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 14,545
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    davemorton wrote: »
    Arrgg!!! My asti one I wanted to get to under £20 comes in at£20.20...soooo close!!!

Also, question about APG's for those that use self service to put them in themselves please. Can you use more than one at a time, and wil it ask for a superviser if it goes over a certain amount, say a £17 and a £11 one? TIA

Yes you can use multiple apgs in one transaction, no supervisor (normally) required.

HTH

Anon
  • EnglishWelshie
    EnglishWelshie Posts: 3,150
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    izzeyb wrote: »
    I'm easily pleased, sparkling Vimto is my favourite fizz :D

Would that be cheeky vimto lol :D
  • Sarahdol75
    Sarahdol75 Posts: 7,717
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks everyone, I am keeping an eye on the marks, and using cream, nothing seems to be working yet.
    michaels wrote: »
    Have they checked his liver?

Yes had lots of tests, liver, kidneys, heart.

coreysnan, sorry to hear about your son.
  • davemorton
    Forumite
    Anon wrote: »
    Yes you can use multiple apgs in one transaction, no supervisor (normally) required.

HTH

Anon
    Cheers Anon.
    I was looking on HUKD as knew I had seen a data deal.
    Got voted cold, but seems like thats because it was a couple of quid cheaper 2 years ago.

Three data sim - Pre loaded with 24gb data - 24 month expiry £43.43 @ amazon
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/three-data-sim-pre-loaded-with-24gb-data-24-month-expiry-4343-amazon-2908289

Dunno if its any good or not, apparently you can get it on ebay too.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family