PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 5th March 2018

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,917
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    It must be the day for Idiot Cats... my evil demon is sat looking forlornly out of the murky Portal to Another Dimension (cat flap to us hoomans) at the falling white sludge.. He is howling 'E-woe' every few seconds in the hope someone will come turn it off. To make matters worse his bowl is empty and the gate at the bottom of the stairs is closed and he is too full of love (and fat) to jump over and go cry on DS3. He is walking between the 3 crying for a hooman to fix the Other Dimension
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Yet another snow day here :cool: we thought that was the last of it but had another dump overnight! Although it is, thankfully, thawing now.

Beds made, kitchen tidied, shops visited. Spends of £15.35 on food to report.

Off to cobble together some lunch!
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • pigpen
    Forumite
    edited 8 March 2018 at 12:13PM
    Paid another bill up to date with the last remaining few quids in my account.. thankfully OH gets paid tomorrow so I can buy food.. I need to construct a very strict shopping list. I think nothing has arrears any more.. definitely a dose of progress.

No word through from the mortgage company as yet though .. they said it would be 3 weeks and it has been 2 so I am getting a bit impatient I think. I just want to save my quids as soon as possible.

I have sorted my budget for April and added in the new years water bill and adjusted council tax etc and decided who are the first 5 to be paid off.. it will take a few months but will make the greatest difference to our disposable income.

Waiting for postie who is hopefully bringing my new SIM so I can get back to ebeasting our housey contents.. I have put 2 items on a branded FB group.. and bumped a third.. I have a half empty box of ebeasty stuff upstairs so I am going to list as much as possible and get it all empty and fill it with stuff of DD2's to go in the loft.. My front room which I had just got presentable is full of her detritus and I hate it.

2x WM

I need to vac the hall and stairs.. OH walked grot from his shoes everywhere before he went to work.
    I have 2 items to post today

Times for small and loud to go for a nap judging by the evil noise sewing from her gaping maw.

I have so much to get done and she just doesn't help!! If she won't nap I am kicking DS3 out of bed to watch her :p I want to get the grey on DD3's wall.. then I can slop over the ceiling tomorrow... or tonight once smalls are in bed.. OH is not home until gone 9 so he won't be here to hinder me! Best find my dust sheets to avoid splatters.. Ooh I may have OH set up the platform thing.. see if I can cope with that..

Finishing my cuppa and putting pest for a nap.. I am sending OH to the tip tomorrow I think with the dead bunks and mattress.. I just decided.. I have a dead mattress in my doorway to the front room and I don't want it there.

So...

cuppa..
    Twinkle nap..
    Food.. courgette omelette I think
    WM/DW/TD while food cooks.
    Glitter bathroom..
    School run..

OH's sister rang yesterday wanting me to be a trustee for some advocacy charity/voluntary group thing she is wittering about starting.. erm.. no ta... had it been someone (almost anyone) else and in my area where there are no support services for those of the LBGTQ communities, especially the young people, I would probably have jumped at it.. but where they are there are loads of services by comparison.
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,277
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Hi all

Snowy start here too atb, DS2 made it to college after the bus got stuck on one of the hills. I had a bit of a scary journey in.

DH has been home most of the morning. I asked him if he could dust and hoover. He texted me to say it was done, so why is the utility floor filthy? And why is the kitchen a mess? Havent been further than the hall yet but so far no signs of a morning spent cleaning.

Paid stuff. Tired and unmotivated but it has to be done.

Called at the shops and only bought the essentials. Will try not to put the heating on until just before DS1 get home. Have put the little oil radiator on in my office because it is chilly in there!

Will do an hour then have a break.

Best make a start!
  • pigpen
    Forumite
    no food, no painting, no nap!

Off to collect some girls and then post some parcels
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    Rant alert - feel free to ignore...

Had out of the blue visit from relative. He lives a life a million miles away from ours - single, retired at 35 after selling a business he inherited, multi millionaire, no partner or kids - you get the picture.

Starts grilling me on "what are you going to do when DS starts full time school in September":mad::mad: My measured response was - continue as I do now; work a bit for DH, do some paid work, run the home, be basically sole parent most of the time as DH works away a lot etc etc. He then bemoaned what a "waste of your degree" that is, and I really needed to get a full time job.

Yes I could work full time and we would have a tiny bit more money - but we would also pay out an awful lot in childcare, my stress levels would go through the roof etc etc.

I wanted to smack him. Rant over. Off to slurp a brew x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Understand your rant ATB, I get a similar thing, I work PT with fairly flexible hours and run the house. Now DDs are both studying away I get asked when am I going to get a 'proper job', I live abroad and teach English to both adults and kids and kids clubs for English. I had the same as you when younger and just told people that my husband could only be as successful as he is because of what I do, he travels regularly and sometimes at a moments notice and plans change daily. Running a house and family is work, it takes time and effort and is very important. My girls both tell me know how pleased they are I was there for them after school or to go on trips and to take them to places (they both have done sport to a very high level, different sports too). Bringing up the next generation is a very important job, don't let anyone underestimate it. Or think of it as being charitable and leaving a full time job for someone who needs it more than you.

Just my opinion.
    xx
  • Mademoiselle
    Mademoiselle Posts: 1,363
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Not done much flying this week as DD2 is home so done her washing but not much else as took her to hospital and then have been looking after her, a bit of work but have managed to keep the house fairly tidy, WU, DW & WM all up to date. Making the most of her time at home as she goes back on Saturday.
    xx
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,077
    Forumite
    Interesting isn't it, ATB, that parenting and running a house are considered a waste? To do either well is an achievement many never manage, but clearly as he inherited his wealth he really has very little idea of anything.

(((Hugs))) for Mum of 2 and Dancemum.

Ground floor vacuummed again, rug taken to the laundrette and put through its paces, dining room dusted and sewing things tidied away, shower tray resealed and two WM loads pegged out.

I'm still working on hoiking out and off all the the bath sealant, so I had to wash my hair in the utility sink this morning before I went off volunteering. Spent two and a half hours helping an 85 year old man learn to read which I wouldn't normally do, but the manager was doing some training. He's very severely dyslexic and what he needed from me was very clearly explained to me and he said it was fine if I did the session with him. I think I must have got it right because he stretched it out to two and a half hours telling stories. Nice man, utterly determined to learn to read. The things we take for granted.
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    Forumite
    ATB.. the answer is.. whatever I do when child starts school is none of your business. .. or you come up with outrageous replies.. you're going to be a stripper. It disgusts me how once you have a child everyone thinks they can comment on your life.. as if you would be so rude as to comment on theirs!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts