PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Comments

• Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,230 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    P.S. meant to say, thanks for the quick & welcoming move to here! However we could do with a couple of cosy rugs, a tray, a few more cups and some nice glasses for evening soirees in our shiny new home so if anyone spots any whilst out & about, do shout!
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • My first bargain to report this year is a pair of boots obtained from a local clothing swap. Was much in need of knee-length boots for winter, so was very pleased to grab a pair in exchange for my unwanted garments. Also scored a satiny paisley print shirt and a glittery long-length jumper. All for free!
  • A silicone 7 cup mini muffin tray for 99p from the BHF sale!
  • Miró
    Miró Posts: 6,892 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Called into a local big charity shop today accompanied by 'The Bloke' who was supposedly looking for books. My rummaging proved to be fruitless so I looked around for 'T.B.' Couldn't immediately see him but could hear lots of sighing and mild swearing and puffing and blowing, then noticed arms flailing wildly in the air. So I wandered over and with some difficulty extricated him from a very nice looking navy formal coat which was at least four sizes too small and in which he had become fixed fast! My eyes zoned in like lasers on the makers name and a swing ticket with the original price, (it was brand new). Only Jaegar* and originally priced at £395 :eek:. Then, oh joy, I spotted the size ....12... obviously a woman's coat and wrongly displayed with the menswear :p. It's a sort of unisex stylee, single breasted, one button fastening and knee length in a wool & cashmere mix. Tried it on and it just about fit - a tad too big but moving the one button across by an inch or so will help. Could I resist it at the chazza price of £17.50....noooooo! Then, 'T.B.', having recovered his composure, offered to buy it for me as an extra Chrimbo prezzie....woo hoo!!

* I seem to remember hearing that Jaegar are having problems and have gone into administration with their shops being under threat of closure. I've noticed that TkMaxx have started carrying loads of their stock over the last year or so....
  • Bogof_Babe
    Bogof_Babe Posts: 10,803 Forumite
    Floss wrote: »
    P.S. meant to say, thanks for the quick & welcoming move to here! However we could do with a couple of cosy rugs, a tray, a few more cups and some nice glasses for evening soirees in our shiny new home so if anyone spots any whilst out & about, do shout!

And in case anyone stays the night, some of that divine Baylis & Harding bath stuff... :rotfl:

Wow Miro, that's one fantastic find. Good old TB, you'll have to take him shopping more often! :T
    :D I haven't bogged off yet, and I ain't no babe :D

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Mir! wrote: »
    Called into a local big charity shop today accompanied by 'The Bloke' who was supposedly looking for books. My rummaging proved to be fruitless so I looked around for 'T.B.' Couldn't immediately see him but could hear lots of sighing and mild swearing and puffing and blowing, then noticed arms flailing wildly in the air. So I wandered over and with some difficulty extricated him from a very nice looking navy formal coat which was at least four sizes too small and in which he had become fixed fast! My eyes zoned in like lasers on the makers name and a swing ticket with the original price, (it was brand new). Only Jaegar* and originally priced at £395 :eek:. Then, oh joy, I spotted the size ....12... obviously a woman's coat and wrongly displayed with the menswear :p. It's a sort of unisex stylee, single breasted, one button fastening and knee length in a wool & cashmere mix. Tried it on and it just about fit - a tad too big but moving the one button across by an inch or so will help. Could I resist it at the chazza price of £17.50....noooooo! Then, 'T.B.', having recovered his composure, offered to buy it for me as an extra Chrimbo prezzie....woo hoo!!

* I seem to remember hearing that Jaegar are having problems and have gone into administration with their shops being under threat of closure. I've noticed that TkMaxx have started carrying loads of their stock over the last year or so....
    Lordy! Lordy!
    What a bargain!
    I may decide to stalk you and mug you of any future bargains.
    Be afraid. Be very afraid. ;)
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    A silicone 7 cup mini muffin tray for 99p from the BHF sale!
    That’s an unusual number. Cook’s treat? A baker’s half-dozen, perhaps? :)
    Mir! wrote: »
    Only Jaegar* and originally priced at £395 :eek:. Then, oh joy, I spotted the size ....12... obviously a woman's coat
    Amazing find, well done! (The coat, and TB :D).
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • I bought a stack (3 for £1, Red Cross) of books as birthday presents for a friend.

I now have to hope he wasn't having a clear-out before Christmas and that I haven't bought him his old books back!
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    i saw some lovely leather chairs in the mind shop today would be nice in here

today i got a couple of lovely hobbs skirts and a quilted jacket all cs £2 each i love the coat story i tried on a lovely mac that was massive and concluded it was a gents got dh to put it on...hes 6 foot 2 and broad it was massive on him so would need a large body to fill it xx
    onwards and upwards
  • foxyloxy11
    foxyloxy11 Posts: 344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    MIRO i would have bought the coat just to make TB try it on again when i was feeling down ha ha...love it and i bet he's taking all credit for finding you a bargain too :)
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #225 - £1000.00.00/£1000- End of Baby Step 3 (A work in progress)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure