PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    If it's helpful you can copy and paste these links into the first post so we don't lose track of the previous threads :)

Previous "5 OS pleasures" threads :)

OS Pleasures Part 1

OS Pleasures Part 2
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    For yesterday.

1. Long chat with DS1 on the phone.

2. Sitting relaxing in the garden.

3. Enjoying my book.

4. Tea made with veg and salad stuff from garden.

5. Able to get GP appointment on the day. She signed me off work for a week.
  • gt568
    gt568 Posts: 2,494 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I don't like these new threads.

We fear change!
    {Signature removed by Forum Team}
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    Good morning from Thursday. For some odd reason the magpies are warbling extra early. I thought I'd slept in...still had half an hour before alarm went up.

I couldn't log in on MSE for some reason ( usually always logged on) but I'm here now & thanks to DD for starting new thread & to zippychick for the links....the last 6 years of my life are diarised in part 2!

Wednesday was OHs birthday. We still did the usual things, sadly just without him. Birthday banner went up, we went for lunch, we had cake.

Work. Was okay.

Much rain. Much needed by the gardens.

Much kindness from friends who sent messages/ emails knowing that it might be one of those harder days.

Lovely pumpkin soup for lunch. I used money that OH had transferred before he died that I assign for 'nice treats' it seemed like the right day to use it!

DD2's friend came round to study with her. He brought me roses & her doughnuts!

The most heavy ( yet tasty) chocolate mudcake for tea....with a candle in it!

Right, I'm off to start the day which is busy from the get go!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,147 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 July 2017 at 10:00PM
    Hope you're OK today (tomorrow!), MHags. I checked back and I started writing here in October 2009!

Pleasures for today (Wednesday)

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Interview over and done with. A bit of a strange one. They didn't ask for qualifications or much work experience but then proceeded to ask questions that you would need years in conservation to answer! I answered everything as fully as I could but felt they almost whisked me out of the door. After the tour, the interview only lasted about 20 minutes and was supposed to last 45. Have heard nothing and am not surprised.

3) Did various tidying and jobs round the house.

4) Played a bit of football with bigger son.

Made a tea so horrible we couldn't eat it - it will be interesting to see if the hens baulk at it tomorrow morning! A Jack Monroe recipe (usually fail safe). I was given a slab of dark chocolate (bitter and bleurgh) the other week and her chilli recipe said to put 3 squares in. So I thought I would, to save throwing it away. It could have been nice chilli, but was ruined by the chocolate!

5) Phoned old work so am back there tomorrow, finishing my coursework!

6) Have done almost nothing this evening.

Still have a sore throat and impressive swollen glands. One you can see from the outside. I went to the nurse 2 (?) weeks ago and wonder if there will be a point where I should go back again. The bumps on the back of my head have gone down a bit.
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    What a horrid day. Winter is back after our 3 days of summer :-( so quickly onto pleasures
    1) scrummy hm pasta ratatouille with bacon for lunch
    2) awkward yeti cartoons - I love them and they always brighten up my day
    3) dd2 came by at lunch time. I'd told her about a free bike check happening at the community garden - thank goodness. Her front wheel wasn't properly secure - could have been very nasty
    4) after work ceilidh practice with colleague. We played them through slowly and I was able to add quite a bit of bass yay.
    5) Then she showed me alexis. 'Alexis play Rachmaninov 3' ' I do not have anything by rachmaninov 3' 'alexis play David bowie' 'playing David Bowie in shuffle'
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,897 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thanks zippychick for the links. Lots of lovely pleasures
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,196 Forumite
    A day with much to overwhelm.

Work . Good. Love a Thursday.

Met friend at her local cafe. Got a phone call from estate agent here...thinking it was about broken cistern upstairs that I'd reported the other day....no it was to tell me the landlords are thinking of putting house up for sale & could the valuer come tomorrow . This was after chatting on Tuesday and me saying I would stay on another 6 months. Promptly burst in to tears. Friend had nipped to loo whilst I was on phone & came back to me so distressed!

Did grocery shop. Bought 3 RTC bunches of roses. Yellow, pink & white $3 each instead of $15 each, thank you.

Came home , in tears. Called Estate Agent back. Seems owners want to sell this property & their own and get a superdooper one! Melbourne prices are crazy, our neighbouring property ( similar sized plot) sold for over a million recently.

Phoned friend in Sydney , who shared her wisdom with me. Just waiting on son getting in from uni to chat some stuff through. Bit more of a massive day than I'd intended.

Parents appointment at school. Report card okay. 1 term left.

Lentil soup for tea and left over birthday cake for pud.

Put skinny Christmas tree up for our fundraising morning tea this weekend. Will probably be our last Christmas in this house!

Dog snuggled on my knee as I type.

Have a good day!
  • 5 Can’t say it, but will. England walloped the Jocks six nil last night. Someone has to say it!

4 After I asked for help regard my issues in the kitchen with pastry, we finished the pie yesterday evening. Tum was rubbed, as it was served with buttered minted new tatties and peas of the garden. Cocoa was also drunk. No wobbleades were taken, see notes passim about lack of wobbleade chits. Please continue to think of BoPsie while BoP is skint!

3 Now after the kitchen issues of recent times, BoP today has clothing issues. Not that the clothing issue could affect gals around the parish, but it is serious! My YFronts have been put on back to front. Not an issue for girls, as yous do not have such things! But when you stand at the waterless closet, designed to save thousands of litres of water a year and use your right hand, you find there is no hole! Fortunately, BoP can handle the situation without too much hassle!

2 Post apocalypse at the mill! Well not, having to interview someone later who wishes to join the stokers in the boiler room.

What a turnaround!
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,951 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    afternoon all

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Good trains to and from London and nice walk through regent's park
    2. Good supervision - supervisors have mooted that they think there's a book in it when i've finished. Something I have thought for a while but it's nice to hear them say it
    3. Lasagne for lunch that no-one ate the other night
    4. Out for dinner with the primary school mums
    5. Still warm and sunny

Have a lovely evening all.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business