Stoozing-card full

Options
Dave05
Dave05 Posts: 19 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary
Hi
I'm a amature as u will see to this stoozing lark but I took out a 30 month credit card at 0% Last year but only got £3600 to use Which I have nearly used up, I've got the money set aside in savings account as the stoozing goes but now have a card full up with nearly 18 month 0% left. What do I do next? Pay it off or transfer the money to another card and continue the stooze or get another 0% card and continue the stooze with the new card leaving my current card to run it's 18 month before paying off?

Ps
Have a old Natwest card with £1200 avail credit but not use as not 0%
Have a next stir card with £5000 avail credit but rarely use
Th

Thanks for reading :-)

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,622 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    2 options:

1. take out another card with 0% on BT and no fee, then BT this across and start filling the first card again
    2. try and get another card with 0% on purchases and fill it up leaving the first one to run to end of deal
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you've had the 0% card for more than 6 months you could ask for an increased credit limit.
  • Dave05
    edited 10 November 2018 at 11:48PM
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for reply
    Would I be right in doing sticking the 3400 which is currently on the card now but still has 18 month to run into a savings account (I didn't do the putting some aside each month as I've only discovered stoozing) into a interest account untill the 0% ends

Then take another 0% out and carry on but this time putting whatever spent into a savings account monthly
  • Vortigern
    Vortigern Posts: 3,243 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, put it in savings, otherwise there's no point in stoozing.

Same if you get another 0% on spending card - you could feed the cash you would have spent into a regular saver or two.

Just make sure you do put aside sufficient cash to pay off the stooze when the 0% expires. If you don't, your stooze is just debt that could come back to haunt you.
  • Dave05
    Options
    Thanks alot vortigern and mallygirl for your info
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts