22 Foxhole East

Comments

• badmemory
    badmemory Posts: 7,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    You may be alright around here as they all seem to start & finish at different times. One local high school finishes at 3pm others at 3.15 & 3.30 & same with the primary schools. So if you end up coming to M/c University then maybe try north m/c not south. We're cheaper & nicer! (Quick advert there!)
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,876 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    I always found Mcr secondary schools were almost set up so that older siblings could pick up/drop off smaller ones from the closest primary schools. All terribly civilized!

I paid £101 to a ping pong club this morning - it was in the budget. All accounted for. It works out at £1 a week each, so still really cheap all things considered. Just all in one go it looks much worse than it is. Then it is £1 coaching each a week when they actually go.

I have lost my motivation. All of it. Down the plug 'ole. I know what I need to be doing, I have my lists, but my desire to do it is lacking. Because it feels like I am doing it for them, because they are coming. And DH has booked to go away the second day they are here on a course, all day. I am trying to be positive in front of the kids, but it is hard when DH mentions 'my bloody parents coming' in front of them.

God I hope I snap out of this soon. It is so not me. What seems to be annoying me is that there is nothing at all on during half term. Everything is the week after so that they are off for all the Halloween stuff. Boo! Oh well. Can't be helped. It just means I am Chief Entertainment Officer, as well as everything else for the week. With 4 kids who would really rather not leave the house...

So, basically I am not sleeping well, major stress dreams and being wide awake suddenly at 2am. Which is fine, as I don't like sleep anyway, but it gets a little bit boring with nobody to talk to, and if I get up, then I will disturb DH, and I can't come downstairs or I will interrupt DHamster's running schedule - he does not like an audience.

I think i need to start running again. I have been researching pollen asthma. I used to run at 5.30 am and it was only when I got talked into running at 7pm at one of the swe4tsh0p running club things by a friend who did not want to go alone (grrrr) that I ended up an allergic coughing mess. So I need to sort the antihistamine + nasal spray pollen barrier + blue inhaler timescale and get it right so that I can run again.
    Running clears my head, and I am invincible when I can do it.
    So I think I am going to try and sort out a routine again. So, starting slowly, now all those poxy plants are dying, I can start 1k a day for a week (I mean it is all of 8 minutes), until I can breathe, as long as I get up before the pollen, then work upwards until I am back at 5k evey other morning before taking the kids to school. I just have to work out the timings of the medications to get the best results. I can't make excuses anymore. I need to take responsibility.
    There.
    I have written it.
    So it must be true.
    I love this site because it keeps me accountable.
    And I just said I was going to do it.

Also need to make an apple crumble and make some hummus out of the tins I picked up at harvest festival sale. As I am going to try and do this Sunday - Sunday no spending challenge thing on the NSK October board!
    Which is probably a good idea as I only have £99 left in my bank account until I get £35 ctc on Friday and ChB on Monday the fifteenth, which is also DS1's 16th birthday. But I have cards and wrapping paper, and I ordered some stuff on Monday that should arrive this week.

Paying down the mortgage is taking nearly every penny I have, and I am quite glad that there are only a few months left. I am not sure I could do this every month. Although seeing that first first number drop one every month is addictive.....
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • f0xh0les
    So, off I went, ran once around the park, the sun was rising, the grass was steaming, it was lovely. 8 minutes for my 1km. Bit rubbish, but a starting point. Now back and on the sofa with a lovely coffee, tight chested and coughing. It will pass. I did it. Wonder if the kids will go to their Junior Parkrun (they do 2 laps of the park - the fastest does it in 7 minutes - the fastest kid - not my fastest kid -)
    Looking forward to Dr Wh0 coming back with a new Dr. I did not like Capaldi. Sorry, nor his sidekick Bill. Wonder if the kids will be interested? .

Today I will be ultra-efficient . I can feel it already.
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
  • badmemory
    edited 7 October 2018 at 9:35AM
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Looking forward to Dr Wh0 coming back with a new Dr. I did not like Capaldi. Sorry, nor his sidekick Bill. Wonder if the kids will be interested? .

I didn't either, it's the first series I couldn't bear to watch I think his voice was part of the problem, and I saw the original series when it was first broadcast! (I'm that old, I was well in my teens!) Good for you doing that run, I hope it doesn't take long to get your medication timing right.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,708 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Well done on the run.:T:T:T
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    Managed running two days in a row. Then got let down by laundry issues (remembered to wash my kit, forgot to dry it), a cancelled physio appt an hour before it started, had to rush a kid to school, by which time the pollen window had closed, then random kids stuff, so am back on it after a 2 day break (at least the tight chest has not appeared this morning), will head out again at crack of dawn tomorrow.

I have ordered DS2s bedroom blind, his headboard, a blind for upstairs single loo, 2 new toilet seats, a non-dairy chease board for DS1s birthday and some coat hooks to repurpose DS3s old too short skirting board into an additional coat rack in the corridor to the kitchen. Will be paid for on Monday from Child Benefit.
    Sorted out all the hats, gloves, coats, and scarves ready for the winter, after today's mini heatwave. Bleached the badly behaved downstairs loo (in what is essentially a lean to beyond the kitchen) annoyingly, after not much work at all, the blimmin' thing is sparkling and shining, and I am annoyed I did not just do it before, and not just write it off as disgusting.

All laundry in the washing machine or on the line - will fold and return to owners later on.

DH was delivered to the train station this morning, for his trip back to Yorkshire. He returns late tonight - he told me the time of the last train he can get home - so it is obviously off to the pub with former colleagues after whatever this 'work thing' is. Dirty stopout.

Going to put all the stuff up that arrives before the inlaws, and use the delivery dates as an excuse for either not going out, or for leaving the older ones at home if we are forced to go out. They have requested they are left out of any 'organised activities'. Why does everyone else get to go and hide in their rooms??
    I get to try and make polite conversation with strangers when we have no people in common, and have to make excuses for everyone else.

Did I mention DH is doing a runner on the Tuesday? Down to London all day. Rotten swine.

If you lot will all do a raindance for me, for the week of half term here, I will promise you a dry and sunny week for your half term.
    I will also except high winds, fog, snow and blizzards in lieu of rain.
    Will consider plagues of frogs - don't fancy locusts though....
  • f0xh0les
    DS2 has been to the physio - his ligaments in his ankles are a bit too tight, so he has some exercises to do and a return visit next month. He is bemused by the whole thing. I keep telling him he needs to walk on his tip toes, then I get that patented teenage eye roll (TM), but when physio tells him, then that is ok.

Ran this morning, no ill effects whatsoever so far - I tried not using the inhaler until I got out the door to run, and no anti-histamine. No coughing at all. Not a sausage. Seemed to work much better than the recommended using it 15 minutes before running. Will continue to monitor and see if it continues to work.

2 kids off on day trips with school, returning at lunch time. So they will be full of news when they get back.

Will put another loo seat on today, attach a couple of spin closures onto the airing cupboard door, now I have fitted the boiler with a toasty warm jacket, the door is inclined to burst open randomly. So they will stop that.

I have to post a parcel for the mail delivery survey thingie - extra £2 came in the post. Think they might have messed up, as they sent me the postage for it, when it has stamps on the front already. Oh well, more money for me for Christmas.

S&M sent me a voucher for a free candle today, up to £7.50 So next time I am in town I will snaffle one of those. Still have a £2 voucher for S&M too, so annoyed I have missed out on using nearly £20 of free money with them. I have to actually use their bribes!

Wait(a minute)rose sent me loads of £8 off a £40 spend vouchers. Might come in handy for posh g/f stuff for m-i-l. Will go shopping for that stuff later. Can't be faffed right now.

Had a lovely evening last night with no DH, so the main light in the living room did not go on, I lit my candles on the coffee table, and the two on the mantle and sat in candlelight watching Poirot. DS2 wandered past at 8pm, and asked if I was sitting on my own, and where DH was - he had just assumed he would be back already, so when I told him his dad was not coming back until after 10.30 he said 'I am not leaving you sitting down here on your own' and went and got his laptop and headphones, and stayed in the living room with me.
    He can be lovely when he is not being a twit.

Incredibles 2 is on at kidsclub at the 0deon this weekend - I know DS3 wants to see it, but I still have The Greatest Showman, Solo and Avengers Assemble on DVD unwatched. There is no kidslub over our half term, it is on the week afterwards. The joys of living in City and schooling in County.

Right, off to do stuff before the afternoon gets away from me.....
  • badmemory
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    I get that patented teenage eye roll (TM), but when physio tells him, then that is ok.

Isn't it annoying when you tell them they should do something & they look at you, with THAT look, & then someone else says exactly the same & they are immediately compliant. My problem was showers - he insisted on a bath hated showers. Until his end of year school photo (first year) & his teacher said now don't forget to shower & wash your hair as we all want to make a good impression tomorrow. I wonder if it is just boys?
  • Unfortunately it starts early - DD is 9 and is already trying out the eye roll, hair flick and stomp upstairs.
    Choose kind:)
  • f0xh0les
    Vegan Magnums -classic and Almond are half price this week - £2 for 3. In the Tosco magazine, first page, is a voucher for £1 off. so £1 for 3. I sent all 4 kids with a voucher each and a £1 coin, and I might have gone round twice. I may take more advantage of this offer tomorrow, when they have replenished their stocks. They look G/F too. Just a heads up - they also have a d/f g/f £1 off voucher for a margarita pizza, but I could not find a price for it on the freezer, so I will go and investigate further tomorrow.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure