Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh wow. Just ... wow. Wonderful!
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,515
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Oh Cheery - what a beautiful way to start the day!
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 5 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,608
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Forumite
    We are pretty in love with the place today :o:o :rotfl:

Buildings Regs guy has just been, and it all seems pretty positive :j Couple of options for what we want to do - both seem doable, one seems to involve rather more disruption upstairs but as we've got to completely replace two floors, taking out the chimney breast too doesn't seem to add too much more disruption to that :rotfl:

Need to get the builder back and then let him know which option we've gone for.

Seems like my farmhouse kitchen with a nice big table might actually become a reality, and for not a completely extortionate cost either :j :j

Will just be paying the builder to sort the floors/ceilings and get rid of the chimney (in whichever way we choose out of the options the buildings regs guy has given). All the plastering, decorating, putting the kitchen units back we'll do ourselves, so it won't be the cost of 'a new kitchen' (although it will involve quite a bit more DIY - deep joy :rotfl: ) Still, feels VERY different decorating a house you're going to stay in to one you're trying to leave :j :j

Sun's shining, everything is cheerful, and I've just had the last home made scone from the freezer with a cuppa :j :j :j
  • edwink
    edwink Posts: 2,959
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Wow Cheery you certainly are embracing the Goodlife, well done you. It is not all about work, work and more work. It is of course about work but also allowing yourself time to chill with a cuppa and just watch the world go by.:D Cup in one hand and a scone in the other :D

Might be nice to put a few nesting boxes up for the wild birds once you are settled in fully.

Enjoy your new life.:)

Edwink
    **3.36 kWp solar panel system, 10 x Ultima & 4 x Panasonic solar panels, Solaredge Inverter **Biomass boiler stove for cooking, hot water & heating **2000ltr Rainwater harvesting system for loo flushing - **Hybrid Toyota Auris car **1 ex-battery hen - RIP Pingu, Hoppy & Ginger ****Hens & Ducks**** chat thread. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5282209
  • WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    fannyadams wrote: »
    <delurks>Shiny new diary? don't mind if I do! <relurks>

From me too :D

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • You are living the dream Cheery! :T

Moving out of London & having a nice country home is the dream, isn't it? I'll be following along and cheering you on! :beer:
    #115 - Save £12k in 2019 challenge: £13152.85/29419.55 - 44%:beer:
    Save 100k by March 31st 2021: £38890.27/100k - 38% :j
  • Cheery_Daff
    Forumite
    Welcome lovely lurkers! :hello: Don't lurk too long, pop out and say hello! :D

Edwink, what a lovely idea :) We've got the bird table up already :j We've got a few trees too so nestboxes is perfectly doable. Need to investigate the proximity of chickens to wild birds... got the chicken thread open in another tab so I'll hop over there in a minute :D

emincosi :hello: Certainly does feel like some kind of strange dream at the minute :rotfl: We weren't in London before, and I'm not sure I ever lusted after the countryside like some folks did, but we've certainly been hankering after this specific place since we first saw it last August :D

Well after the excitement of an early morning cuppa in a field and the buildings regs man, the day went a bit downhill. Work was tedious, lots of people wanted a piece of me, and I spent the whole day feeling like I was running just to get further and further behind. Didn't help that I'm still full of cold and felt rotten :o

We both had activities this evening, so wouldn't have gotten home til 11.30, but Mr Cheery's was cancelled so I decided to sack mine off too and we were home before 8 :j Feeling a little more human now :D

Oh, and we stopped in a little convenience shop on the way home that had an unlikely and unexpected selection of bargains :money: 4 pints of milk for 19p :money: all kinds of other stuff we didn't buy, and bizarrely, firelighters reduced to 39p a packet :money: so we had 5 :j There was a whole box left on the floor so we weren't depriving anyone else :o

Not really fit for much else tonight, and got to be back in work for 9am so I think it's going to be an early one for me... And I WILL remember my lunch tomorrow, darn it! :eek:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Forumite
    Ooh, forgot to say I got a secret survey payout today :j Just £5, requested from Paypal :j Will add to mortgage overpayment account when it arrives :j

Also had a run of surveys on prolific over the last few days - just cashed out £21.41, and have another £5.63 pending in there too :j
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Glad you've got home:D. It sounds idyllic.
    I've had a right tedious work week too, maybe its the weather:rotfl:

Happy hump day to you.

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Tea and scones ... the chickens in one direction, the wild birds in another. A pleasant Building Regs person driving away happily. Utter bliss :):):)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure