Gallygirl's "A journey of 121,226.67 pounds begins with a single penny" diary

Comments

• That's amazing - congratulations - it must feel fab. Those dreams are coming ever closer

Best wishes Tilly
    2004 £387k 29 years - MF March 2033:eek:
    2011 £309k 10 years - MF March 2021.
    Achieved Goal: 28/08/15 :j
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Fantastic GG, glad you have found your mojo as well!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    That's amazing - congratulations - it must feel fab. Those dreams are coming ever closer

Best wishes Tilly

Yes, overall debt is only 141k and I am personally responsible for paying off 14k plus 61k plus 1/2 the rest, so not too far to go :rotfl::o:eek::)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Best get ebaying :rotfl:

Tilly x
  • gallygirl
    Best get ebaying :rotfl:

Tilly x

I am :rotfl:. Doesn't help when someone says they haven't received item :(. I believe her as she's bought from me before & left excellent feedback. Have a horrible feeling it will turn up with insufficient postage - lady in PO shoved it through little hole but wouldn't surprise me if that's what happened.

What are you doing up at stupid o'clock missis?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Rain was pounding and woke me up :eek:

I have had that happen to me with the post office. Drives you mad doesn't it. I guess though if she has bought from you before, she may be honest and let you know?

Fingers crossed, Tilly
  • setmefree2
    setmefree2 Posts: 9,072 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi Gallygirl :hello:

We are only weeks away from being MF now!!! I'm soooooooo excited lol!

smf2
  • gallygirl
    setmefree2 wrote: »
    Hi Gallygirl :hello:

We are only weeks away from being MF now!!! I'm soooooooo excited lol!

smf2

Show off :rotfl:. That's great, can't wait till it's me :D.

Tax return done, £1328 coming my way :T
  • gallygirl
    Well, nice payment from DD so btl balance now £13,660 - dropped below 14 :j.

Hurry up pay day :cool:

Hurry up tax rebate :cool:.

Meal plan done till 1st weekend in June. A little repetitive as I am trying to clear out the freezer, but all meat already in, just need to buy fish and some tinned tuna. Not too prescriptive - there are a few things like 'diced beef something' in there, plus 'fridge surprise' the day before my next holiday :D. Haven't planned veg etc - that will depend on [STRIKE]what is cheap in Aldi [/STRIKE]what is fresh in the market place. I have no frozen peas :eek:. I have a lot of low fat frozen sausages which don't feature in the meal plan, just use them on Sunday fry-up.

Hopefully will be able to get friend to take me to company shop in June - it sells short life food from Asda etc, all in date and fine to freeze and then cook. Had a look at Approved Foods but nothing I really want - I had tons of their packs of couscous and savoury rice before.

This morning I have made 4 portions of veg sauce for pasta, bunged a big pot of mince in SC - supposed to be for 4 but got a bit carried away with veg and may yet add some beans. Menu plan may get even more repetitive :rotfl:. Big pan of mashed spuds with a few parsnips in also done so loads of cottage pie etc in menu plan. Frozen some soup I'd cooked earlier in the week. Worn out now :o.

Ebay item didn't turn up so have refunded :(.

Off to sort out wardrobes - see what is ebayable, chuck some stuff, reorganise, sort out stuff to take and leave in Spain. I have a lot of clothes and nothing to wear :o.

Mr GG announced last night he can get an ipad from work whenever he can be bothered to organise. And yes, he can download apps. :eek::T:cool::D:j:mad::):( Why have I not been informed of this earlier :eek::T:cool::D:j:mad::):(
  • Goodness GG, I feel quite weary now - you've been a busy woman. I suggest a severe beating for Mr GG on the IPad front.

After yet more rain today, I wish I was flying off to the sun in a while.

Haven't checked AF this week but will have a look over the next week or so.

Well done on getting <£14k that's fab.

Tilly x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts